First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many others, I'm looking to upgrade my B&O subwoofer/amplifier. I've read dozens of threads and watched almost as many videos. I have it narrowed done to a Kicker 8" sub and a Kicker 500.1 amp to power it. A few questions... Is a dedicated power and ground needed to get the most out of the amp if using a plugnplay kit? Is there enough wiring slack with these kits to mount the second amp behind the same panel as existing amp/subwoofer? Is there a concern with bass roll off at higher volumes?
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Like many others, I'm looking to upgrade my B&O subwoofer/amplifier. I've read dozens of threads and watched almost as many videos. I have it narrowed done to a Kicker 8" sub and a Kicker 500.1 amp to power it. A few questions... Is a dedicated power and ground needed to get the most out of the amp if using a plugnplay kit? Is there enough wiring slack with these kits to mount the second amp behind the same panel as existing amp/subwoofer? Is there a concern with bass roll off at higher volumes?
I am embarking on this in the next few days (waiting on my equipment to arrive) I think there are quite a few videos and threads that show where to mount the key 500 in between the wheel well and the tailgate door frame. As for wire kits - can't be much help as I pre-wired a port and grounds when I installed my onboard air setup.

OP
OP

John2024

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think that’s the best mounting location. How will you sync up second amp to stereo? Will you feed it off existing amp somehow?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think that’s the best mounting location. How will you sync up second amp to stereo? Will you feed it off existing amp somehow?
My understanding is that the kicker key is specifically made for line level inputs, so I will basically take the output from the existing setup, go into the kicker key amp, then speaker level outputs back out to the sub. Haven't quite sorted out the whole 4 ohm 2 ohm thing but I'll probably reach out to one of the guys that did it for his already.

As for mounting location for me, I will be probably mounting it to the HDPE board that I installed during my onboard air installation and it should sit nicely right underneath my slide out tailgate.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Yes, you always have to run a separate power and ground when installing an aftermarket amp and my wiring is long enough to mount the kicker key 500.1 next to the factory sub enclosure
Sponsored