Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really holding out for the BP51 release. My Overlanding setup will include ARB Summit and winch up front, GOBI rack plus RTT, SRQ dual swingout rear bumper, 37s, and gear inside (fridge, etc etc). I’m hoping you can really dial in the suspension.
Sounds like our builds will end up being very similar, if you find a spring setup that works for you I would love to know!
Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a OBX non-SAS on order and planning to go to a 33” tire, add a steel bumpers front and back, at least partial skid plates, and possibly a roof rank and tent. I dont have any plans to go to a 35” or larger tire anytime soon or ever, that’s why I didn’t go for SAS, and it seems that a 2” lift would look weird and mess up the geometry without a larger tire.

Seems like I might be compromising the factory suspension with added weight so Is it a good idea to improve the suspension to handle the added weight without doing a lift? I like that the Old Man Emu suspension components are tuned for overlanding, which is more of what I’m looking to do, but seeking the best quality option without doing a 2” lift.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a 23 Badlands w Sasquatch. When I take the family camping we are loaded down pretty heavy with coolers, gear, etc. but I don’t have much in the way of permanent weight additions (daily load is just Trailrax roof rack, OEM modular / steel bumpers, pro runner bar on front bumper, AAL shelf in rear, spare tire platform with recovery boards). With four passengers, and lots of gear added inside and in rooftop boxes, on spare tire platform, and hanging on the pak rax (water, fuel) on the weekend warrior trips and when we go out into the parks. I don’t have a RTT or wench.

The challenge I’m experiencing is that in daily rides, it’s pretty comfortable. But loaded I feel like I bottom out on some bumps - I feel it from the rear suspension.

I’m reading elsewhere some folks finding the OME too stiff. But also there’s three spring rates and a person could conceivably mix and match. I also like the claimed +0.75” over Sasquatch.

What’s the comparison for the OME “light” rates with the original equipment badlands w Sasquatch?

Is there a good solution for my sometimes “over loaded” but often not needs?

any other considerations or recommendations?

Are UCAs required or recommended for fitting OME to a badlands Sasquatch?
Sponsored