Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since I have Jeeps for crawling, this Bronco is going to be more geared towards our offroad camping rig. We do pull an Intech Pursue trailer with offroad package and get back in to some pretty cool places to camp, etc.

Plans are for a level kit and mostly convenience add on's to begin with and we'll see where it goes from there.

First up are hood struts, Infinity 4" dash speakers, the Fusion amp and Kicker sub add on, raising the factory steps with spacers, more interior lights with Mabett LED options, some de-badging, and rear cup holders...

Shown below with the actual first mod... Llumar Ceramic Tint. 20% rear and 35% front. Very reflective and keeps the heat out.

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig Bronco1

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig Bronco2

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig Bronco3
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, in the interest of full disclosure, I am horrible at taking pics of the work I've done.

Most of the time, I can link back to a post where someone else has done it or the inspiration for it.

Got the 4" Infinity REF4032CFX in the dash this morning. Super simple, and definitely the best choice for me. The mids and mid-bass, as well as male and female vocals, are so much better than the Kickers.

Plus they were really cheap on Amazon compared to many others, $48...

I did also use some 600hz bass blockers to keep them under control.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-REF-4032CFX-2-way-Speakers/dp/B07B8TKWS1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=15OFI1THVBM7E&keywords=ref4032cfx&qid=1687831315&sprefix=ref4032cfx,aps,184&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FXSYQ65?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Such an easy mod, no need for pictures (that's my excuse).

Sub install and de-badge later today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fender de-badge took all of 5 minutes…. Pulled the factory OBX decals.

I plan to have a full PPF done in a couple weeks so they would come off anyways.

I think I might put on the black Sasquatch fender emblems from Fero.

https://feromachines.com/products/bronco-sasquatch-fender-badges

If so, I’ll need a black Bronco for the swing gate too.

But I do like the clean look…

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6330

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the sub done... The standard Fusion amp from Teamequip and the Kicker 4ohm sub. I had the nearly standard 2023 sub delete feature.

https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...ystem-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-fp5t18c808ab/

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20648CT674/Kicker-48CWRT674.html

If you install with the terminals facing north and south, you can use the factory wiring with just the connectors cut off. Quite a few people added wire to reach because they installed east and west.

Used Forscan to change the driver rear from tweeter to tweeter and sub... Bingo, worked exactly as intended.

This is the adapter I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0952P4MLP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

@RagnarKon has a number of very detailed threads to assist you on this project. Including video's!!!

This one is a good start.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rade-trim-panel-removal-kicker-install.72862/

And this one for the Forscan changes.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-forscan-audio-speaker-mods.71145/

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After travelling most of the week in New Mexico on business, I finally got back today and couldn't wait to unwind a little and play with the Bronco.

Got the raised running board mod finished and pretty happy with how it turned out. This project really requires you to have the right tool (saw blade) for the job. You are fabricating, so it's fun because it's more than just bolting something on...

Inspiration came from the thread by @GucciFreshness linked right below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/operation-raise-factory-running-boards.74960/

Good info on the project on page 1 and page 2... If you have an OBX, this is a good one as it raises the steps 1" higher off the ground. It closes the gap a little that the rocks come through and also covers the pinch seam a little too. Gucci's install used a piece of trim added that covers the pinch seam really well. I had decided early on to do the DV8 pinch weld covers, so those will be added in the next day or 2...

Before pic... See how much space there is above the running board??

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig 1688171753698

Making the spacers isn't difficult, but you have to cut some 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 squares to make the spacers. The material used in the thread above works fine and it is 1/2" thick so a stack of 2 gets you 1".

I stuck the cut pieces in a vice after marking the holes with a silver sharpie and drilled them out.

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig raise step1

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig raise step2

Once the 6 sets are made, you put them on top of the running board mounts and insert the new 1" longer screws. (details in the original thread page 2)

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig Raise step3

From the side you can see how much less of a gap there is.

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig Raise step6

And the close up shows the pinch seam half covered now...

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig Raise step5

Next photos from tomorrow will show it with the DV8 pinch seam covers installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After travelling most of the week in New Mexico on business, I finally got back today and couldn't wait to unwind a little and play with the Bronco.

Got the raised running board mod finished and pretty happy with how it turned out. This project really requires you to have the right tool (saw blade) for the job. You are fabricating, so it's fun because it's more than just bolting something on...

Inspiration came from the thread by @GucciFreshness linked right below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/operation-raise-factory-running-boards.74960/

Good info on the project on page 1 and page 2... If you have an OBX, this is a good one as it raises the steps 1" higher off the ground. It closes the gap a little that the rocks come through and also covers the pinch seam a little too. Gucci's install used a piece of trim added that covers the pinch seam really well. I had decided early on to do the DV8 pinch weld covers, so those will be added in the next day or 2...

Before pic... See how much space there is above the running board??

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6342.MOV

Making the spacers isn't difficult, but you have to cut some 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 squares to make the spacers. The material used in the thread above works fine and it is 1/2" thick so a stack of 2 gets you 1".

I stuck the cut pieces in a vice after marking the holes with a silver sharpie and drilled them out.

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6342.MOV

Once the 6 sets are made, you put them on top of the running board mounts and insert the new 1" longer screws. (details in the original thread page 2)

From the side you can see how much less of a gap there is.

And the close up shows the pinch seam half covered now...

Next photos from tomorrow will show it with the DV8 pinch seam covers installed.
Looks great. Glad you had fun!

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great. Glad you had fun!
Yep, love the concept and the function.

Next up was to add the DV8 Pinch Weld Covers. This is where I deviated from the original mod.

https://dv8offroad.com/products/4-door-bronco-pinch-weld-cover?_pos=1&_sid=b8328953d&_ss=r

These were planned before the step mod, so I stayed on the path. Very easy install, but more work with the step mod. I loosened each of the upper bolts holding the running board brackets and removed the lower bolts. The uppers are notched to allow you to remove the step and reinstall without pulling all of the bolts.

The pinch weld covers are super easy, just insert the provided bolts and tighten them up.

Only comments on the product…. Fit was good and finish felt robust for an economical product. I would have preferred a larger diameter washer for the front 2 bolts. They are smaller diameter than the rest and don’t fully cover the mounting holes.

The finished product…. Came out nice and I would do it again.

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6347

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6348

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6349

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6350

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perfect, I'll be doing all of these mods (and more) as soon as Bronco lands this month. Already have the "cutitng board" waiting in garage! (thanks to GucciFreshness)...

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perfect, I'll be doing all of these mods (and more) as soon as Bronco lands this month. Already have the "cutitng board" waiting in garage! (thanks to GucciFreshness)...
Check page 2 on Gucci’s post, there’s a link to the screws you need too.

These are simple mods, but the end results are good.

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check page 2 on Gucci’s post, there’s a link to the screws you need too.

These are simple mods, but the end results are good.
Right on, agreed some of the simplest mods are the bestđź‘Ť

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
She goes in today for a full PPF and a full ceramic coat. I hope it's everything they say it is. Pretty spendy...

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should pick the Bronco up today... A full week for PPF and ceramic coat. Can't wait to see it!

But I didn't sleep on Prime day. Ordered the Mabett speaker pods and some Infinity 6.5's to go in them, the Mabett LED rear ceiling lights and interior dome lights kit, a gloss black rear Bronco emblem and a black license plate frame.

Sadly, I leave for El Paso on business later today and won't get anything done until the weekend...

OP
OP
Pressurized

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the Bronco back the day that I had to leave for a business trip…. Really didn’t get to check it out until yesterday.

The PPF and ceramic is impressive, you can feel how slick it is. Pictures don’t do it justice.

one area that really pops is the ceramic coated wheels…. I thought the hood shot showing my garage door opener was a good shot.

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6357

Ford Bronco Press's Simple and Mild OBX - Wife's DD and Camping Rig IMG_6358
Sponsored