Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For anyone knowledgeable on this topic, please catch me up to speed. Are vehicles still being sent to these lots, or are they all the same ones?

Also, not being sarcastic, but what are Fords reasons for building more and shipping them right away before getting these shipped?
Sponsored

jeffersonvandyke

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO what staggering is the amount area 51 colors. I wanted cyber orange and got vetoed. that was mistake.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the amount of soft tops sitting there in these lots is staggering.....i like the token Rangers popping up here and there

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For anyone knowledgeable on this topic, please catch me up to speed. Are vehicles still being sent to these lots, or are they all the same ones?

Also, not being sarcastic, but what are Fords reasons for building more and shipping them right away before getting these shipped?
All I can go by is what I have learned from this experience and from what Ford did last year with its F series at Kentucky speedway which is near its Louisville plant. You can Google stories on that.

Ford like most factories use JIT, ( just in time) inventory. Meaning they schedule builds and parts for those builds weekly, and take inventory accordingly. So they can't take widget A and put it on last week's build missing it. They have to build that weeks allotment. They have contracts with the unions to keep the line moving.

If a supplier shorts them, they have to reorder those parts or try to get the backorder ASAP. The chips missing goes back to certain weeks, Jan & Feb for sure, some in Dec still waiting.
The chip shortage is the majority of these trucks sitting, though there may be other parts mixed in.

Sucks for sure.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More than a few with windows partially open... And the hoods. Maybe trying to let the rats escape from winter?

tenor.gif

Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I can go by is what I have learned from this experience and from what Ford did last year with its F series at Kentucky speedway which is near its Louisville plant. You can Google stories on that.

Ford like most factories use JIT, ( just in time) inventory. Meaning they schedule builds and parts for those builds weekly, and take inventory accordingly. So they can't take widget A and put it on last week's build missing it. They have to build that weeks allotment. They have contracts with the unions to keep the line moving.

If a supplier shorts them, they have to reorder those parts or try to get the backorder ASAP. The chips missing goes back to certain weeks, Jan & Feb for sure, some in Dec still waiting.
The chip shortage is the majority of these trucks sitting, though there may be other parts mixed in.

Sucks for sure.
Great info. Thanks!

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can say that again. Good lord. There is no way they're going to get through all those by May.
So they are able to launch a f150 lightning , bronco raptor , ranger raptor , and 2022 Everglade model, but…finishing vehicles built last year (yes mine a 2021 is sitting in there) cannot be accomplished …ford is a joke of a company …

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are the man. I seen a couple of iconic silver that could be mine. Not to pleased about seeing random broncos left with their hoods open. Especially since it’s been raining.
No the in iconic silver one was mine 😃 yours was the one with hood up. Haha

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There were several AMB in there. I didn’t see mine but it’s there somewhere - 2D badlands non Sasquatch. Got the built email the last week of December
Built since December and not shipped? Wow.

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sucks for sure.
Ture but you also need to factor in that they have 1500 chips throughout the car and they are in 25+ modules. They supply / make the critical modules first priority. They use the non critical modules for a closer JIT supply. There is a complexity to managing “chip supply” because of this. Also the modules are made pre production (not installed on the blend date).

So it sure would be nice to know what module or modules they ran short of on our weeks. Obviously production continued and there a fully build broncos with all modules. It’s probably the same JIT concept that they try to make so much over production each week and retrofit with those. These details could be easily COMMUNICATED but of course not.

akh2ogeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d take that to mean there are a lot of build dates post 2/12 which are stacking up in the new lots and they are making their way through that first lot with January builds which is encouraging - that they are tackling the older ones first at least.
I have a January build and they just told me not to expect it till after June.