Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also happened to find another Ranger with Bronze wheels.
Ford Bronco HOT PEPPER RED Bronco Club hprwithbronzewheels
I kind of like the bronze, but it may be a little tricky to get the right combo with so many different shades of it from different manufacturers.

stimeyjacob

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1997 F250, 1975 Firebird, 1987 Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I just joined the club. I switched from Carbonized Gray. I wanted something that stood out more. I've seen to many cg in my area lol

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I kind of like the bronze, but it may be a little tricky to get the right combo with so many different shades of it from different manufacturers.
Yeah, the numerous various shades of Bronze are what's going to make it tricky.

The wheels on that ranger look like one of Fuel's wheels and the main shade of bronze they use.

Then you go to Method wheels and their bronze tends to heavily lead towards the more yellow gold shade, but not as yellow as the gold color they use.

Then go to Venomrex and their bronze leans heavily towards the brown/copper shade.

I've found that Icon and Black Rhino's bronze kind of falls in between Method and Venomrex's shades, with Icon's shade being my preferred.

Time will only tell and pictures can only give us a general idea because of the variations in cameras and computer monitors.
Ford Bronco HOT PEPPER RED Bronco Club Icon2_HIGHRES_7079

Here's a carbonize grey with Bronze Icon wheels as a general idea of their shade.

Last edited:

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the Bronze. But, I don’t think I would ever buy them. I’m leaning to Venomrex wheels right now.

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was surprised that HPR had such a low take rate based on a poll I recently saw here on Bronco6g.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was surprised that HPR had such a low take rate based on a poll I recently saw here on Bronco6g.
Why is that surprising?

It was an incredibly unpopular Ranger launch color with a very low take-rate there as well. If you like HPR, then you like it, but not many people did for Ranger

So much so that the GF and I were genuinely shocked that HPR made a return for Bronco and Maverick. It does look better on Bronco than either Ranger or Maverick. The extra black trim on Bronco does the color vastly better service.

She pre-ordered a '19 Ranger in HPR and really liked HPR in the media pics, but finally saw it in person at a local event then immediately changed her order to Lightning Blue (admittedly, LB is an excellent Ford paint color, wish it had been around for non-FE Broncos!).

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is that surprising?

It was an incredibly unpopular Ranger launch color with a very low take-rate there as well. If you like HPR, then you like it, but not many people did for Ranger

So much so that the GF and I were genuinely shocked that HPR made a return for Bronco and Maverick. It does look better on Bronco than either Ranger or Maverick. The extra black trim on Bronco does the color vastly better service.

She pre-ordered a '19 Ranger in HPR and really liked HPR in the media pics, but finally saw it in person at a local event then immediately changed her order to Lightning Blue (admittedly, LB is an excellent Ford paint color, wish it had been around for non-FE Broncos!).
I agree I like it on the Bronco. My concern is that I originally had AMB with a low take rate as well and it was shit canned. Is HPR the next color to be on the chopping block?

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree I like it on the Bronco. My concern is that I originally had AMB with a low take rate as well and it was shit canned. Is HPR the next color to be on the chopping block?
I share that same concern, really hoping HPR doesn't get the axe for MY 23, which is what I'll be if I'm lucky! Not sure what I'd go with if HPR was taken away. Would love Grabber Blue to be an option....

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nobody knows such things, unfortunately.

It does seem that Bronco will have a more regular rotation of colors in/out of it's pallet. This is a good thing overall, and one that Jeep has used very well for Wrangler to keep interest in their 1970's vehicles. (i kid). Ranger gets it's 6th generation vehicle next year and it's almost certain Ranger will introduce some new colors, or that Bronco/Ranger will fully merge their pallets across both vehicles.

That also means that there is greater possibility of a new color coming out that you like more than whatever you have (time to trade in and sign that new loan agreement!).

All 34 people are mad about AMB and it seems hundreds are happy about Eruption Green. Next year it could be any non black/white/silver color that goes and something else new comes in. FWIW, SPLASH Ranger is something we should anticipate/expect being utilized for Bronco editions as they clearly have designated the 13th paint booth at MAP as the limited-run.

No matter how you shake it, the active lifestyle brand of Bronco will have more frequent changes.... Almost like an active lifestyle should!

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I share that same concern, really hoping HPR doesn't get the axe for MY 23, which is what I'll be if I'm lucky! Not sure what I'd go with if HPR was taken away. Would love Grabber Blue to be an option....
I think I might go with Velocity Blue or Race Red, not sure. I have a feeling I might get pushed to 2023 as well. Contemplating dumping MIC for SFT top (buy the Advance Fiberglass top), and removing Tow to see if that pushes me up the line. This whole thing is really FUBAR!

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a poll I saw, assuming the same one. HPR wasn't the lowest but pretty low in the list. I have to say I am surprised at the high take rate on the Eruption Green, but I have never really been a fan of any green car. I'm surprised at how low the Carbonized Gray is as it seems I see it in lots of pics.
Ford Bronco HOT PEPPER RED Bronco Club 1645133900457

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I switched to this color on my Wildtrak because I think the Hot Pepper Red pops with the black handles, wheels, grill and the black side/hood graphics. I probably would not go with the Hot Pepper Red on any other model.

not mine, but here is a pic to visualize
Ford Bronco HOT PEPPER RED Bronco Club HPR Bronco Wildtrak edited

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, there’s a guy with a HPR ranger that lives near me. Based on it, I would not have gotten it on the Bronco. But, once some pictures came out, I was sold. I think he black accents it perfect. It’s amazing how the vehicle dictates if a color looks good or not.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I switched to this color on my Wildtrak because I think the Hot Pepper Red pops with the black handles, wheels, grill and the black side/hood graphics. I probably would not go with the Hot Pepper Red on any other model.

not mine, but here is a pic to visualize
Ford Bronco HOT PEPPER RED Bronco Club HPR Bronco Wildtrak edited
That is my exact order!! Damn I can't wait!!
Sponsored