Sponsored

New England Broncos

Group for people in New England to talk, show off, and go off roading
GreenBadlands
Good evening, looking to hit some trails next month. I’m a newbie and don’t want to go at alone, as they say, not to go off-roading by yourself. Are there any trail recommendations possibly? I’m in CT as a reference. Thanks.
Show full message
gjptennis
gjptennis
Not sure where in CT but there are some public trails in Thompson (baker rd) that are good. It’s mostly easy stuff with some options for some crawling but nothing overly difficult.
GreenBadlands
GreenBadlands
Thanks for the suggestion.
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
Check out the Ma Bell trail in Northampton. MA. If you have Sasquatch, you can do it (air down), a good intro trail for solo. Allow 3-4 hours for a 1st attempt.. Also good experience for a spotter (I got out frequently to eyeball), but manageable solo. There are several easy-to-find videos about. It's about 3/4 mile up and back, stay on the trail--locals are very protective--leave not trash. GPS Jim's Variety 15 W.Farms Rd, Northamptom, then drive about 3/4 miles up Sylvester Road and look for a longish dirt parking area on the right (You might see other parked 4x4s). It's a decent rock trail/road with a few fairly technical spots I managed as a solo newbie.
The very top is a very tight rock ledge, careful!
It was never a "road" but a cut for a telephone pole line, hence its name "Ma Bell Trail." Some rockfalls off the side are extremely technical, and you might see some guys with very serious rigs working them. But they're optional.
Lots of decent pubs and eateries in Northampton for afterwards.
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
PS: lots of videos on off-roading. You can learn a lot.
GreenBadlands
GreenBadlands
Thank you for the info. Taking a buddy with me to help as a spotter. Looking forward to this trail.
Natethegreat1979
Natethegreat1979
Nothing in CT that I know of, but I'm looking to head down to Virginia and NC to do some trails out in Blue ridge and camp on the outer banks. I'm a newbie as well. I've been hoping for a group of like minded folks that have the time and will to go a bit farther out than New England but not many folks here, so I figured I'd solo it myself. I know you shouldn't go out by yourself but, you also can't wait around for a group and miss out on life!
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
Look into the Hatfield-McCoy trails systems in West Virginia. These are a network of commercial off-road trails for everything from single-track to side-by-side to 4x4. I gather you buy a pass for a period of use. If I understand right (never been there) these are curated and difficulty-rated trails so you know what you're attempting beforehand. And (guessing here) there would be recovery and repair services available.
And yes, they tie into the Hatfield-McCoy feud history.
https://trailsheaven.com/

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views