Sponsored

Broncos Of The Carolinas

Ford Bronco enthusiast group for anyone in North or South Carolina. Connect with other local past, present, or future bronco owners and discuss anything bronco or off road related. www.BroncosOfTheCarolinas.com
Carbonized_Wildtrak
Hurricane creek. Hey everyone, just wanted to know if anyone is gonna be/want to be in NC Jan 29-31? Planning to do hurricane creek near Waynesville NC. You will encounter steep drops on one side of the trail with a steep bank on the other so it can definitely get very technical. There are also plenty of water crossings and tight twisty rocky trails. The scenery is awesome and there are a bunch of trails nearby. Nothing is set in stone yet but I’ll be up there in Maggie valley during those dates and probably end up soloing it if no ones available. Cheers!
Show full message
BluebroncoNC
BluebroncoNC
Definitely a fun run. Did it a year or so back with a group of Bronco guys. At the end of the trail, most of us ran up to Max Patch for the amazing overlook opportunity up there. I'll keep it in mind, I think I'm around that weekend IF my truck is out of the shop by then. >waiting on the part emoji incoming<

Attachments

Carbonized_Wildtrak
Carbonized_Wildtrak
Thanks for the heads up! I’ll definitely check out the overlook. Does the trail leading to the overlook connect with hurricane creek? I was gonna try to loop it all the way back to 40.
BluebroncoNC
BluebroncoNC
At the top of Hurricane Creek run you are back on pavement. Drop down into that valley where the road dead ends (if memory serves) you can go Right which takes you back to the interstate or left which runs you up towards Max Patch. Couple folks headed home (right) and a group of us went up to Max Patch.
Carbonized_Wildtrak
Carbonized_Wildtrak
Ahhh ok yea that sounds like a great way to end the run. I have no choice but to check it out now. Thanks!! Hope to see u out there. Do u know any other trails near there I can potentially hit up?
BluebroncoNC
BluebroncoNC
I believe there are some more info on this sub forum on other traiks in WNC.
chrisphelan77
chrisphelan77
Curious what types of specs made it through without issue. Anything similar to me? Big Bend 4dr On 33's (285/70r17) with a rear locker and want to try this trail this spring.
Carbonized_Wildtrak
Carbonized_Wildtrak
I’m sure u can complete it without trouble. But it’s always a good idea to not go by yourself and with recovery tools.

This is a video of a Bronco round up hitting up hurricane creek to max patch during the summer and it look awesome. I’ll be doing this in the middle of winter so I’m sure it’ll be nasty and slippery.

chrisphelan77
chrisphelan77
Of course! Thanks.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views