Sponsored

Midwest Bronco Bros & Sis

I did not see a MN or surrounding states so started this club! All are welcome, main focus on Ford Broncos and anything related!
Tdub0527
Hey all!

I recently purchased a Cyber Orange big bend and live in Richfield, MN. I am new to 4x4 but am ready to jump into this hobby.

I want to get this thing off-road but know I need to learn from others and be out of the trail with others if I needed help.

I’ve done some preliminary research on clubs to join but honestly it’s pretty overwhelming and I don’t know where to start.

Does anyone here belong to a local club or know if a group where newbies are welcomed easily? I saw a 4x4 school on the Iron Range I’m considering doing but I’d be interested in starting out with a group ride too.

Any advice? Send it my way!
Show full message
SZairborne
SZairborne
Congratulation! Im still waiting on my bronco, but would really be interested in something like this.
Julz670
Julz670
Congrats on the new rig! I'm in the same boat, not much off-road experience, but would love to get in with some groups to get out and learn. I asked the same question a while back and it was suggested that I join the MN Softroaders, MN Trail Lizards, or MN Overlanders groups on FB. They look to be pretty active and welcome people of all experience levels and all vehicle types.

Additionally, I would recommend checking out this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ok-who-are-the-mn-future-bronco-owners.3794/
As more people in that thread get their Broncos, I'm hoping that we'll be able to do some local Bronco outtings. Me and another guy who is still waiting on his Bronco tried to organize one back in January, but too many people were still waiting for delivery.
Tdub0527
Tdub0527
@Julz670 Thanks for the recommendations! I went to that thread and found it quite interesting! Looks like your trip in the winter looked like fun even if it was just two of you. I would be interested in getting out and finding some good roads. I am going to look into those groups you recommended, that is a great starting spot. Keep me in mind if you organize another ride, I'd try to make it work (Wife and kids can make it hard though). I am thinking of doing one of the Off-Roadeos and I thought this looked cool too: https://ironrangeoffroad.com/. My summer is pretty booked but I'm going to see if I can talk the wife into the Fall colors one. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use this forum to get great info so if there are other threads you've found helpful I'd love more links! ( I read all 53 pages of that other one you linked).
Julz670
Julz670
You read all 53 pages?! That's commitment! haha but its a great thread to follow for us in MN. Yeah, the January outing was a lot of fun but we were hesitant to do anything too tough since the other guy was in a Bronco Sport and didn't have recovery points for me to pull him out if he got stuck. Looking forward to going with a group of Broncos and some people who have experience with recovery and maybe some knowledge of the trails. One place I really want to go is Spider Lake OHV. Looks like a great place to learn. The Iron Range looks like a fun place to offroad, but I'm hesitant to go there until I have some experience, a lot of it is probably above my comfort level for right now, but Mesabi Mountain looks like a blast!

I'll probably try to organize another get together on that MN thread soon now that the weather is getting nice and more people have their Broncos.

Welcome to the group and looking forward to meeting up sometime soon!
Tdub0527
Tdub0527
@Julz670 I also learned why everyone love Granger by reading the thread! I also learned how much dealers can suck with screwing over reservation holders. Super sad. When I was trying to find ones on the lot many of the undesirable dealers provided me the same experience from a different type of buying perspective.
DJ Starr
DJ Starr
I'm in Hopkins. Similar story, only limited off-road experience but I'm ready to take this rig on the trails. Thinking about Spider lake next week. Would love to see a club take off so we can all have fun together.
Julz670
Julz670
@DJ Starr If you're looking to get some other Broncos out with you, let me know or post in the MN thread linked above. Depending on what day, I could be up for a Spider Lake ride
DJ Starr
DJ Starr
I'm thinking about going at the end of Oct. Any interest?
Julz670
Julz670
I'm in, I can pretty much make any day work in Oct.
Tdub0527
Tdub0527
Keep us posted on dates, I have two kids (6,9) so I feel like getting out is usually dependent on what their sports/activity schedules are like. If it works for me I'd for sure go!
SZairborne
SZairborne
@DJ Starr i think it might be easier to pick a date and setup a small overview of what will happen that day. That way we can plan around that as opposed to everything being up in the air. I have very little off roading experience, but would be down to get my Bronco dirty.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views