Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea I’m such a horrible customer for expecting John to have a viable product after charging me $7K.
Quality products take time. Ford couldn't make tops fast enough so you didn't get one from them now your complaining that an aftermarket company can't build theirs fast enough for your grumpy ass. Guess what they have been selling the shit out of their products and will continue to do so without your help.

I'd say take your 7k and go make your own if your unsatisfied with the time it takes to get a quality product that they have tested and inspected to their standards.
Sponsored

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who's saying quality products don't take time? I'm not. I totally understand good products take time. And you have a prototype before you go listing a product with a ship date on your website, and set up a payment flow. Ford doesn't even make you pay while you wait for your vehicle to get built. A good business communicates with customers instead of being divisive and pretending you need approvals before you can post photos of your progress. They claim they don't want to post photos so that the customer can see what it looks like when it's finished? They've already posted fake mock-ups- there's nothing to lose by showing your progress, being realistic with your ship dates up front, and making it crystal clear if you don't have even one single prototype yet. Even the kiddies on Shark Tank bring a prototype to the game when they ask for money. It sounds like this, on the other hand, has never existed as more than a drawing, and still doesn't. ADV has been less than forthcoming about their progress, and it seems to be a surprise to many that - this late in the game - they still don't have a prototype. Maybe I'm the only one willing to take them to task for it... and that's fine... but don't try and defend this as acceptable and honest business practices, because it sure as hell isn't.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who's saying quality products don't take time? I'm not. I totally understand good products take time. And you have a prototype before you go listing a product with a ship date on your website, and set up a payment flow. Ford doesn't even make you pay while you wait for your vehicle to get built. A good business communicates with customers instead of being divisive and pretending you need approvals before you can post photos of your progress. They claim they don't want to post photos so that the customer can see what it looks like when it's finished? They've already posted fake mock-ups- there's nothing to lose by showing your progress, being realistic with your ship dates up front, and making it crystal clear if you don't have even one single prototype yet. Even the kiddies on Shark Tank bring a prototype to the game when they ask for money. It sounds like this, on the other hand, has never existed as more than a drawing, and still doesn't. ADV has been less than forthcoming about their progress, and it seems to be a surprise to many that - this late in the game - they still don't have a prototype. Maybe I'm the only one willing to take them to task for it... and that's fine... but don't try and defend this as acceptable and honest business practices, because it sure as hell isn't.
..And yet, in spite of all this, you gladly handed over $7,000 dollars?

🤔

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

..And yet, in spite of all this, you gladly handed over $7,000 dollars?

🤔
To be fair in the scheme of things $7k is less than most of the markups and the soft top got production pushed through faster so I can see why people did this. I can also see why they are now upset.

But $7K is a good chunk of change to spend on what basically boils down to an internet promise.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
None of this was communicated on the website. People in this forum were even a bit surprised.
That's BS. I looked at their website when all of this started. Everything was clearly spelled out. You had to pay in full up front. All of their build and ship dates were estimates. Yes, people were surprised back then, and many opted out because of it. But you're the only one who went through with the order - and your payment - and are now sitting here mad because it's taking longer than YOU expected it should take.

Fine, get your money back. But continually posting here and slandering their reputation is completely uncalled for…

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s fine and if that’s how you feel it’s your prerogative. But going on a rampage here isn’t solving anything.
It's actually quite embarrassing as well!

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair in the scheme of things $7k is less than most of the markups and the soft top got production pushed through faster so I can see why people did this. I can also see why they are now upset.

But $7K is a good chunk of change to spend on what basically boils down to an internet promise.
I agree about it being a lot and basically an internet promise. Thats why I surprised he went through with it and is now complaining. Personally, after the MIC fiasco, I wouldn't plop down any money (let alone $7k) on an unseen, un-reviewed hardtop.

Also, he only barely ordered his a month or so ago, so I feel like none of this is really suddenly out of left field.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have been speaking with the owner this entire time, my name is John. As I have stated in the previous messages/comments, we will provide the update as soon as the prototypes are finished. Please contact us at [email protected] and we will happily issue the cancellation.
Why even engage this temper tantrum any longer? I'd quit replying, clearly nothing will shut him up beyond some over the top special treatment.

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree about it being a lot and basically an internet promise. Thats why I surprised he went through with it and is now complaining. Personally, after the MIC fiasco, I wouldn't plop down any money (let alone $7k) on an unseen, un-reviewed hardtop.

Also, he only barely ordered his a month or so ago, so I feel like none of this is really suddenly out of left field.
This. I have been following ADV’s progress since they announced and at no time did I ever think they misrepresented their product or their current progress with the hardtop. Which is exactly why I have not ordered. Ford taught me better than that. I will wait for a finished product and customer reviews.

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have been speaking with the owner this entire time, my name is John. As I have stated in the previous messages/comments, we will provide the update as soon as the prototypes are finished. Please contact us at [email protected] and we will happily issue the cancellation.
John,

appreciate the attention to detail and I, for one, look forward to rocking a new color matched ( yes, I know I have to paint it) one price, so minimal points of failure, top.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
John,

appreciate the attention to detail and I, for one, look forward to rocking a new color matched ( yes, I know I have to paint it) one price, so minimal points of failure, top.
Yea, the positivity is back!!

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd just like to see him learn how to run a business. When you take this much cash from your customers, you owe them more than the bullsh*t he's been throwing around.
Just because it is not how YOU think a business should be run. It is not his fault you did not understand what you were signing up for (I mean, if you were from 'the county' it wouldn't surprise me if you had a lack of reading comprehension but I expected better from Bar Harbor).

Seriously, I'd have canceled your order long ago, companies don't have to put up with the BS you're throwing at him either...just sayin. And I'd have canceled it because based on your posts, it does not appear that you ever would have been happy with it anyway, no matter how good it ends up being.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.