TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't imagine it's easy to find that switch in the split second of an emergency after losing your brakes though,,, unless you are lucky.
Yeah no- It scared the crap out of me. Obviously in a 2.3 auto those buttons on the side of the shifter are what saved me to slow down in a controlled manner. Pulling the ebrake isnt always an option especially in my situation where you need to slow and not just stop as there are people behind and to the side of you.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here I thought the headlights were holding back their safety ratingsā€¦

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW, is all I can say.... I like how the dealer/shop was nonchalant about the brake issue being a known problem like its no biggie....
Glad you're ok.

OP
OP
Oly

Oly

Outer Banks
First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WOW, is all I can say.... I like how the dealer/shop was nonchalant about the brake issue being a known problem like its no biggie....
Glad you're ok.
Yeah totally- Iā€™m still waiting on the shop to get more info on exactly what about this was the known issue (ie 2.3, Outer Banks, what building it was fromā€¦ etc) but - I am still waiting on them to fix as the part has to come from Michigan. So ā€¦. Yeah I had my car for 2 weeks and this happened. Super pissed . Now Iā€™m paying for a car thats just sitting there yet again waiting for a part. Not cool. Depending on how they handle this Iā€™m thinking about chasing this one down with Ford directly. This is not a faulty light or something like that. This is really serious and to have it be a known issue this should be recalled ā€¦if it is a known issue. Right?

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah totally- Iā€™m still waiting on the shop to get more info on exactly what about this was the known issue (ie 2.3, Outer Banks, what building it was fromā€¦ etc) but - I am still waiting on them to fix as the part has to come from Michigan. So ā€¦. Yeah I had my car for 2 weeks and this happened. Super pissed . Now Iā€™m paying for a car thats just sitting there yet again waiting for a part. Not cool. Depending on how they handle this Iā€™m thinking about chasing this one down with Ford directly. This is not a faulty light or something like that. This is really serious and to have it be a known issue this should be recalled ā€¦if it is a known issue. Right?
I agree. This is absolutely unacceptable. This will be my vehicle, but my wife will be driving this, too and I donā€™t want this to happen to EITHER of us.

My vehicle was just totaled. It was 11-years old and a TOTAL WARHORSE, so Iā€™m waiting on a Vin. However, this out of all the other bullshit is enough to make me cancel.

Completely unacceptable. I need to know that @Ford Motor Company has a genuine understanding that this needs an immediate remedy

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had a pre-collision warning come on twice randomly. It seemed to sense cross traffic on an angled side road and then someone in a turn lane next to me. I didn't try to apply the brakes as it wasn't needed. I didn't think much of it at the time, but this is a bit scary.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My biggest complaint (this week) is that the emergency brake is electromagnetic.. and fails into the on position, at that.

Losing your brakes is a lot less scary when you have a backup that you can modulate. As is, your options are to do what you did, or hit the e-brake and hold on for dear life. She's gonna buck!

Good thinking and glad you made it out alive.
There will be no ā€œbucking.ā€ The car will merely slow to a stop as long as you hold the switch engaged. If you let the switch go, the e-brake will disengage and you continue moving. The rear tires will not suddenly lock up.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brake boosters should be, and all are AFAIK, designed in such a way that in the event of a booster failure there is still unboosted brake function, that will by definition require more pedal pressure but still apply braking to the wheels.
With that in mind, have to ask OP if there was any effect of applying high pedal pressure?

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah no- It scared the crap out of me. Obviously in a 2.3 auto those buttons on the side of the shifter are what saved me to slow down in a controlled manner. Pulling the ebrake isnt always an option especially in my situation where you need to slow and not just stop as there are people behind and to the side of you.
The e-brake will also slow you in a controlled fashion. It wonā€™t lock up, and it wonā€™t stop you, unless you hold the e-brake switch engaged.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you personally tried that?
Yes. Have you? See my board name, synonymous with safety first. Train the brain just as I did when I was an engineer on a 50,000 lb fire appartus. It also doesnā€™t buck when you drive along and pop the air brake.

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is scary as hell. Waiting on delivery in a few weeks. This will be an every day driver and one that I put my family in. Definitely need to understand what the issue is, what has been done to correct it.
Sponsored