Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently installed the Ford hood deflector, to protect the wind$hield, on my 23 Wildtrak, soft top. I noticed the cab seemed allot quieter, and it wasn't all that bad before. Do those of you with the hood deflector have any noise complaints ?

I want to add a large light bar up top but was fearful of creating a ton of wind noise.
So the real question is who has both the hood deflector and a large light bar up top ? Any complaints.

Ford Bronco Wind Noise and the Light Bar 20230306_104412

Ford Bronco Wind Noise and the Light Bar 20230306_104404
Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interested also. I like the wind deflector, but have heard the opposite of people complaining of more wind noise coming from the deflector.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently installed the Ford hood deflector, to protect the wind$hield, on my 23 Wildtrak, soft top. I noticed the cab seemed allot quieter, and it wasn't all that bad before. Do those of you with the hood deflector have any noise complaints ?

I want to add a large light bar up top but was fearful of creating a ton of wind noise.
So the real question is who has both the hood deflector and a large light bar up top ? Any complaints.

I have the same hood deflector and yes, it does a good job of tossing wind and debris up and over. I also have the Rigid OEM light bar. I have no noise caused by the light bar. I believe the first one's that came out did but with the fins on the back of the newer version....nothing (at least up to 70 mph).
Ford Bronco Wind Noise and the Light Bar InManCave2

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interested also. I like the wind deflector, but have heard the opposite of people complaining of more wind noise coming from the deflector.
The deflector IMO causes no wind noise. Some here have posted photos before and after...the difference in bug splatter and believe it has saved them rock chips too. I see no additional wind noise whatsoever. Also, if your hood flutters some, screw out the rubber bump stops for your hood.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also noticed less wind noise after installing my hood protector. I'm thinking a wind deflector for the rack would help too, but I don't want to spend $200 for the Bad Ass Tents one... Any other options out there (other than making one)?

Basically any light bar is going to make it louder, but perhaps not quite AS bad with the hood protector to help.

ChipM

Outer Banks
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4 Door SD, 00 4 Door SD, 65 Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the RTR light bar and wind noise after intall was increased noticeably, BUT the hood deflector fixed the issue. Soft top at 75 to 80 mph is no longer an issue.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same hood deflector and yes, it does a good job of tossing wind and debris up and over. I also have the Rigid OEM light bar. I have no noise caused by the light bar. I believe the first one's that came out did but with the fins on the back of the newer version....nothing (at least up to 70 mph).
Ford Bronco Wind Noise and the Light Bar InManCave2
Question about this light bar on the OEM roof rack as I'm considering doing something similar...

How do you go topless? 🤔

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went the other way. Installed light bar and entire soft top was flapping. Added the hood deflector and that helped calm it down. It's still freaking loud though.

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went the other way. Installed light bar and entire soft top was flapping. Added the hood deflector and that helped calm it down. It's still freaking loud though.
It’s loud because of the soft top or the light bar?
And which top is that, official or bestop?

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question about this light bar on the OEM roof rack as I'm considering doing something similar...

How do you go topless? 🤔
The light bar does not interfere with removing the two front roof panels. To go completely topless (the rear section of the top off also)...requires removal of the OEM roof rack.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The light bar does not interfere with removing the two front roof panels. To go completely topless (the rear section of the top off also)...requires removal of the OEM roof rack.
Yes, I've got that.

I meant more so in how do you remove your oem roof rack *and* light bar? Really, the light bar (I've removed my roof rack)...?

Does it have an accessible disconnect? Or... Does it also mount to the accessory panels when the roof rack is off (or does it *only* mount to the roof rack)?

Thanks for your help!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I've got that.

I meant more so in how do you remove your oem roof rack *and* light bar? Really, the light bar (I've removed my roof rack)...?

Does it have an accessible disconnect? Or... Does it also mount to the accessory panels when the roof rack is off (or does it *only* mount to the roof rack)?

Thanks for your help!
Yes, I've got that.

Thanks for your help!
The light bar and it's brackets are mounted to the roof rack. So if you remove the roof rack the light bar would come off with it. If this is your plan, then wire in a quick disconnect where the wires come out of the light bar before they go into the vehicle for wiring. In my case I have the overhead switch panel and their are detailed instructions in how to wire up this light bar. Note: the new instructions = you no longer need to drill a hole above the "A" pillar.

You can also remove the light bar with just 2 nuts and leave the brackets attached to the OEM roof rack.

The light bar attaches to the roof rack. In the photo you can see the brackets. I had them painted cyber orange.

If you decide to order the light bar through Ford, it's by Rigid, and you have the OEM roof rack, make sure your Dealer orders the right one so you get the correct brackets....brackets for roof rack mount. #M-15200K-BRRL The BRRL signifies roof rack mount (there is another # for brackets that mount when there is no roof rack.
Ford Bronco Wind Noise and the Light Bar RigidLTbarDone

Note you can see the bracket from the front and on the driver's side, you can see it from the inside of the roof rack...the bracket kind of wraps around the roof rack. (I do not have a quick disconnect on the wire...I probably should have but I never intend to remove the roof rack or light bar).

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Which hood deflector is this. I see ford lists two of them on the site.
Sponsored