Sponsored

Sir, do you mind opening up this cabinet?

• Total voters

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"To Tex", Better idea, follow instructions below:
1. Carefully remove the oem plastic panel with a plastic or duct taped edge of a thin metal pry bar.
2. Carefully remove the 4 black metal retaining clips from the 4 black plastic guide pins using a small flat head screwdriver where they sit on the inside of the panel. DO NOT cut the 4 plastic black guide pins they are attached to!
3. Cut flush to base the 2 remaining "curved" retaining pins. "Tip", bend these two pins back forth several times to create a clean cut line.
4. Super Glue 6 quarter inch diameter round magnets just to the outer edge of the panel. Use
the 4 plastic guide pins and cut lines from the other 2 cut away "curved" pins as a placement guide.
5. Let glue cure, 24 hours. The 4 plastic guide pins will act to return the panel back into its oem position.
6. The patience part. Drill 6 holes that align/fit 6 steel flat head screws that match the diameter and placement of the magnets. Tailgate is aluminum, need steel screws for magnets to contact!
7. Screw in screws, use Loctite on screw threads if anal. Fill with whatever you desire. Align guide pins and push in, done.

Totally stealth! "Q" from those old Bond films would approve. Dumbass thieves too dumbass to notice its simplicity. Retain original oem look, no aftermarket cost, more space, no lock needed. I fit my Bronc tool bag, and a 16" blade Bowie knife inside with room to spare. Sorry, no pics. Attempt at your own risk, works for me. Crits and comments welcome. Thank you kindly, Tommy Bronc
Bravo.
I, for one, would like some pics.
No liability assumed or implied by sharing some.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this lockable? Would make a great lock box if the top is off.
Locking version Is already on the drawing board. We got this feedback a lot at Super Cel and agree it’s a great add to the product line.

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok dudes, for all that need your hand held. I prefer a round ass redhead/brunette but will settle for a dirty blonde or gray-top on a desperate friday/saturday night in a pinch, to hold mine. Here are the pic's requested. A special shout out to my good neighbor Todd who helped my fossil ass to get these 3 pic's on the net for you. Kindly, Tommy Bronc

Ford Bronco TAILGATE MEDICINE CABINET (S.T.A.S.H.H.) Resized_Resized_20230427_140324
Ford Bronco TAILGATE MEDICINE CABINET (S.T.A.S.H.H.) Resized_Resized_20230427_140451001
Ford Bronco TAILGATE MEDICINE CABINET (S.T.A.S.H.H.) Resized_Resized_20230427_140828

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mabett will have a plastic version out in 3, 2, 1 ...
......and they'll do it for $100 to $150!!! Not saying M2M has a bad product, it's a fantastic idea and I'd consider it for half the price but $400!!! HOLY TOLEDO!!!

I would've totally ordered one of these but the price is too high. I would've paid about $199.
Agreed...... A bit of a leap considering how much small shit I'd consider putting in that space!! Hmmmm........where do I store Salt N Pepper, Cholula and a Gold brick.......Ohhh, just the solution, a M2M Med Cabinet!! :rolleyes:o_O

Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just finished installing the one I ordered. My intentions were to store some Yakima tie downs for my canoe when I throw it on top. Simple install. Took all of 10 minutes. I recommend a dab of blue loctite to all the screws. Another thing I like is it fits flush with the sub box.
Waiting for the tailgate limiter to be delivered next. Got to keep an eye on the roto pax so I don't crush my taillight till then.

PXL_20230513_161118825.jpg

PXL_20230513_161129631.jpg

PXL_20230513_162032785.jpg

PXL_20230513_162051633.jpg

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished installing the one I ordered. My intentions were to store some Yakima tie downs for my canoe when I throw it on top. Simple install. Took all of 10 minutes. I recommend a dab of blue loctite to all the screws. Another thing I like is it fits flush with the sub box.
Waiting for the tailgate limiter to be delivered next. Got to keep an eye on the roto pax so I don't crush my taillight till then.

Ford Bronco TAILGATE MEDICINE CABINET (S.T.A.S.H.H.) PXL_20230513_162051633

Hmm. It does look like there's a lot of space that wasn't utilized. I would be tempted to add some additional venting on the hinge side of the box, when you compare the amount of venting that both the original cover and the flap vent has, the existing holes seem kind of restrictive. Maybe it's not a big deal though, do you have a 2dr or 4dr, soft or hard top? Any noticeable pressure spikes when you close your doors?

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well Tex I'll tell you I really haven't run into any issues shutting doors, I doubt I would notice be it most of the time I have a window down or a top off. Even in the winter I drive with the windows cracked and the heated seats on. Mine is of the two-door version.
Sure, there's space that you're not granted access to anymore but I have a disclaimer" things break in my hands" so I'm going to try and keep my paws away from door mechanisms and wiring.
You could take a chop saw and cut the back off to gain access but if you feel you need the extra room, it'd be easier to do what the other member did and modify the existing cover.
I might modify my brand new play pretty later but for now it serves its purpose.

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well Tex I'll tell you I really haven't run into any issues shutting doors, I doubt I would notice be it most of the time I have a window down or a top off. Even in the winter I drive with the windows cracked and the heated seats on. Mine is of the two-door version.
Sure, there's space that you're not granted access to anymore but I have a disclaimer" things break in my hands" so I'm going to try and keep my paws away from door mechanisms and wiring.
You could take a chop saw and cut the back off to gain access but if you feel you need the extra room, it'd be easier to do what the other member did and modify the existing cover.
I might modify my brand new play pretty later but for now it serves its purpose.
I like this comment in reply to the one above from ol Tex. We took as much real estate as we could when designing this med cabinet. There are plenty of haters our there like and we will never make all of them happy with our products. I am glad to see that this is doing its purpose for you. Everyone uses their Bronco differently.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like this comment in reply to the one above from ol Tex. We took as much real estate as we could when designing this med cabinet. There are plenty of haters our there like and we will never make all of them happy with our products. I am glad to see that this is doing its purpose for you. Everyone uses their Bronco differently.
Hmm, sounds like I'm being thrown in with the haters. Didn't think I was in that group but I guess I might as well blend in now that I'm here.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great idea m2m thanks for the idea ,I'm going to do something on my own .
Took cover off and looked around inside ,decided im going to remove the spring tabs off orig cover and use velcro strips . The space behind is odd shaped and mine had a fair amount of fine dust in it. The latch mechanism is plastic and could easily get damaged too. I'm making a foam box to protect it . 400 seems like alot I'm not cheap just like to do it my way.

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, sounds like I'm being thrown in with the haters. Didn't think I was in that group but I guess I might as well blend in now that I'm here.
Sorry about that Tex. I didn't mean to put you in that category. We put a ton of time and work in this product. American made isn't always cheap or easy.

Walker1

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update for those who were curious: I spoke to M2M and they confirmed that a 1 lb propane bottle will not fit.

Can anyone confirm if a 16oz propane bottle will work with this product? I’m currently storing propane in this location for using my stove on a tailgate table but I would like something a bit more refined and less DIY.

Ford Bronco TAILGATE MEDICINE CABINET (S.T.A.S.H.H.) IMG_4663

Ford Bronco TAILGATE MEDICINE CABINET (S.T.A.S.H.H.) IMG_4664

Last edited:

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For anyone that has had one of these, does it rattle and how much does it weigh? I broke the factory panel in this location trying to get access for some grease to eliminate rattling, so rather than paying $40 for a replacement it might make more sense to get this. I believe my rattling was caused in part by wear from the sasquatch spare tire's weight so if the cabinet weighs more than ~10 lbs or causes rattling it might not be a good fit for me, otherweise maybe so.

Destination Bigfoot Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Limited, 2022 Bronco OBX Cyber Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For anyone that has had one of these, does it rattle and how much does it weigh? I broke the factory panel in this location trying to get access for some grease to eliminate rattling, so rather than paying $40 for a replacement it might make more sense to get this. I believe my rattling was caused in part by wear from the sasquatch spare tire's weight so if the cabinet weighs more than ~10 lbs or causes rattling it might not be a good fit for me, otherweise maybe so.
Def under 10lbs and it does not rattle at all. I've had mine over a year
Sponsored