Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Metal-tech 4x4 rear swing-out bumper is now open for orders! $500 off for all pre-orders shipping in Sept. This bumper has been in development and testing for over a year. It can carry up to a 40" spare 100% off your back door and frame mounted. Optional twin Nato fuel can racks on either side of the center-mounted tire to carry 11 gallons of fuel/water.

Featuring CNC machined soft shackle mounting points that you pick the color you wish, we then custom Cerakote them in-house for you. Cerakoting is an incredibly durable ceramic finish.

Use code: REAR500 for $500 for your pre-order.

More photos and info on our website: metaltech4x4.com

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! Bronco_rear_3__74390

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! bronco_rear_open-

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! Swing_arm__90118

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! Bronco_rear_4__83366

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! 5__34242

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! 4__96061

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! 8__24589

Ford Bronco Rear swing-out bumpers are now taking orders!  $500 off promo.   Get that tire off your back door and carry 11gal more fuel! 5__84354

UPDATED WITH MORE INFO:

One single back door from Ford = one single swing out with a 120lbs gas strut to assist.

Two swingouts for a truck with a single door will always require the operator to open and close that second swing, no option. It may not sound like much, but from customer feedback over the years (Metal-tech 4x4 has been building swingout bumpers over the past 20yrs. ), and from our own use, it just is a bit of a PITA. Also, on the trail or in camp, when the back is open, both sides of your truck are now blocked. Mimicking the swing of the OEM rear door simplifies access and overall use.

Now to support and accommodate a large single swing, yes, that takes quite a bit of development to do it right. Starting with the Toyota FJ Cruiser back in 07' we did exactly this. The evolution of that swing-out system, both what is seen and not seen, is now on every one of our single swing systems, like the Lexus GX470 and GX460 (also with a single large swinging rear door).
  • 100% custom CNC machined spindle featuring two serviceable tapered radial bearings top and bottom with the proper seal. (Never bushings/heim joints/raw bolt or pin)
  • 1.75" cold rolled CNC machined steel pivot welded in double shear in the bumper.
  • Replaceable stainless latch rotated 45* so it pulls down and back, not just one plane. Also, 100% bolted on and able to be serviced over time.
  • Swingout landing pad on the latch side features replaceable CNC machined UHMW wear pads, so there is never steel on steel.
  • Frame mounting system that not only uses available 12mm mounting bolts but also goes over the top of the frame using drawbolts, boxing how the bumper is mounted for rigidity of loads.
  • Reinforced internal structure to support the swing-out loads and accommodate pull points in line with the frame for proper recovery loading.
The list goes on, and these are just some of the key needs for a proper swingout.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have any pictures of it opened?

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait that is just one huge swing out piece? Not two sections? Holy moly.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it, but I’m too poor right now

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be first in line f the Bronco tailgate operated like a pick up truck. Looks great, nice job.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wait that is just one huge swing out piece? Not two sections? Holy moly.
100%!

One single back door from Ford = one single swing out with a 120lbs gas strut to assist.

Two swingouts for a truck with a single door will always require the operator to open and close that second swing, no option. It may not sound like much, but from customer feedback over the years (Metal-tech 4x4 has been building swingout bumpers over the past 20yrs. ), and from our own use, it just is a bit of a PITA. Also, on the trail or in camp, when the back is open, both sides of your truck are now blocked. Mimicking the swing of the OEM rear door simplifies access and overall use.

Now to support and accommodate a large single swing, yes, that takes quite a bit of development to do it right. Starting with the Toyota FJ Cruiser back in 07' we did exactly this. The evolution of that swing-out system, both what is seen and not seen, is now on every one of our single swing systems, like the Lexus GX470 and GX460 (also with a single large swinging rear door).
  • 100% custom CNC machined spindle featuring two serviceable tapered radial bearings top and bottom with the proper seal. (Never bushings/heim joints/raw bolt or pin)
  • 1.75" cold rolled CNC machined steel pivot welded in double shear in the bumper.
  • Replaceable stainless latch rotated 45* so it pulls down and back, not just one plane. Also, 100% bolted on and able to be serviced over time.
  • Swingout landing pad on the latch side features replaceable CNC machined UHMW wear pads, so there is never steel on steel.
  • Frame mounting system that not only uses available 12mm mounting bolts but also goes over the top of the frame using drawbolts, boxing how the bumper is mounted for rigidity of loads.
  • Reinforced internal structure to support the swing-out loads and accommodate pull points in line with the frame for proper recovery loading.
The list goes on, and these are just some of the key needs for a proper swingout.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like it, but I’m too poor right now
That’s me for nearly every accessory on this site.

I do have the Mabett center console organizer though 🤣

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing against this product at all, and it looks great. Love the double jerry can, however, I hate opening a gate then opening a gate... I haven't needed a Jerry can off road yet. my longest trip was 53 miles of rough terrain used a quarter tank. If i needed it, it would be something along these lines.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing against this product at all, and it looks great. Love the double jerry can, however, I hate opening a gate then opening a gate... I haven't needed a Jerry can off road yet. my longest trip was 53 miles of rough terrain used a quarter tank. If i needed it, it would be something along these lines.
About the same as operating my Kuat Pivot bike rack!

SmartSelect_20220105-191141_Gallery.jpg

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the backup camera? Need an extension cable for it. Or is one included? Can't tell from the photos.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Use code: REAR500 for $500 for your pre-order.
When I read that I thought the cost of the bumper was just $500! Quite a surprise when I clicked the link. 🤣

Missing that key word “off”.