First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
donā€™t knock a Subaru Outback if you havenā€™t driven one. My wife has one and it is great.

Unless you are a hard-core off-roader, the Outback will keep up with 95% of what most people will do off-road and it is a great car to drive.

short of rock-crawling and fjording streams, it has good clearance and horsepower for most outdoor activities

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's really hard to stay with a vehical you cant depend on, especially when it's your daily driver. I'm in the same position. I cannot afford to get stranded. Smart move.

Thankfully my 22 has never let me down, but I don't fully trust it. I think they went too dependent on electrical/computer instead of mechanical solutions, and that's not a Ford strong point, at least not yet. If i didn't have a previous Bronco, I probably would of gotten a 4 runner. I do absolutely love my bronco and am forever grateful it hasn't needed to go back in for work(except the light switch, still need that to get fixed)
That is the reason I kept my 3-series BMW. I wasnā€™t sure how reliable the Gen6 Bronco was going to be. But it has done very well and it has become my daily driver, and the BMW just sits in the driveway šŸ¤£

I have done multiple trips to Montana from Oregon in both summer and winter and Iā€™ve had no problems (knock on wood).

sorry you got such a poor example of the Bronco . Enjoy the Outback, it is a great car!

Last edited:

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outbacks are ok. My wife and I are strong Toyota fans. We have a 4Runner with 240K miles and a Tacoma with 200K. No issue what so ever. My Bronco Raptor is in the shop with a torn CV boot at 2500 milesā€¦.
The OP bought a Subby so I commented on that purchase.

However OLDER 4Runners are also awesome. Canā€™t comment on the newer ones but my cousin has 2 pre-2000 4Runners and both are still going strong, one with 400k miles on it. Those are rock solid vehicles!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mark me down as one who had one and hated it.. our ā€˜22 Subaru was nice at first but holy cow is that CVT hot garbage. My wife quicklyā€“ we owned it 5 months - got to the point where she hated driving it so we traded it in (on our ā€˜22 Wildtrak).
Ours seems fine. I have zero issues with it. I'm not sure how the new ones shift, but the 2015 era CVT's had definite , albeit fake, shift points, so I never really think there's any slipping going on. Which seems to be a common complaint.

.... and to think the Subie CVT is regarded as one of the better feeling CVT's.
The Nissans I test drove (years ago) were HORRIBLE!

Sponsored

BKXJ

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I loved the Subarus I grew up with. Essentially commuter tanks. Many many friends on both coasts swear by them and I think as grocery getters and poor weather commuters they shine but personally I canā€™t stand the constant CVT noise and reaction - especially on the freeway . They always feel like theyā€™re searching for gears while never reacting when you actually expect them to.

That said I still dream of owning a manual WRX one day!

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

And we were all making that same exact comment about the Bronco 2 1/2 years ago. LOL
Iā€™ll let you know if/when I take delivery of my HE for you to check it out and maybe rekindle that šŸ”„ā€¦

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't post to get validation or approval of any kind. I posted my experience with the Bronco, why I traded it. It's just the best thing to do at this time for me and my family. I could not chance any more issues. Or something worse that might have left me stranded or without a daily.

I'm not some noob who just joined up and posted a thread about trading for whatever. I've been around since the beginning. As I said I never even mentioned what I traded for. It had nothing to do with my post. Someone asked so I answered.

And I never compared the Outback's capabilities to the Bronco. It's not even the same class of vehicle. But it will do what I need it to do until the Bronco is worth giving a second look.

How is it I should not own a Bronco?? That I'm not worthy? I guess I should have stuck with it and hoped for the best. Sorry that is fanboy behavior. I don't care how much I love the Bronco. I'm not going to stick with a problematic one right now just because it's a Bronco.
Sponsored