First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No this isn't an exit post. LOL But I did trade my 3.5 month old Black Diamond last week.

Due to numerous electrical and mechanical issues, engine and powertrain faults that are leaving no code traces, soft top issues and general quality issues with my Bronco, I decided trading now versus later was the smart decision. I just don't have confidence that the Bronco wasn't going to leave me stranded. Or that I wouldn't end up with a major issues that would require parts that are on indefinite backorder. Dealers around here don't do loaners anymore and I can't be without my daily. I'll probably be cancelling my older second order of a hard top BB. Not that it would get built this MY anyway.

I still love the Bronco and will still be around here watching how things play out and admiring what you all do to yours. I'll attempt to revisit one in a few years when/if things level out and quality improves drastically. If not in a few years maybe when the Gen7 comes out.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How did you come out trading vs going the lemon law route?

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did you come out trading vs going the lemon law route?
Our lemon law here is pretty hard to inact. You have to have had the same issue documented four different times. I had several issues that happened less than four times. But I just couldn't risk catastrophic failure waiting for one thing to happen four times.

As far as trading I actually got almost $2k over what I paid (MSRP). The way the market is falling I think I made out pretty well. Plus got $1k off sticker on my purchase.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it work on the selling? I know in louisiana its as is where is, unless you know there are issues and you sell it to a buyer w/o disclosing. Then they can come back and sue to rescind the sale and damages and atty fees.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it work on the selling? I know in louisiana its as is where is, unless you know there are issues and you sell it to a buyer w/o disclosing. Then they can come back and sue to rescind the sale and damages and atty fees.
Does that apply to vehicles with warranteed defects that Ford is responsible for taking care of regardless of the owner?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that apply to vehicles with warranteed defects that Ford is responsible for taking care of regardless of the owner?
Idk.
I would assume no.

I know of I go to a shop and they say the engine needs rebuilt and I sell it the next day to you and it fails and I knew, (you have to PROVE IT) then it can be an issue

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I didn't sell. I traded. They have Ford dealers in their network so whoever buys it can deal with warranty if they have issues. Who knows it may never have another. Not like Ford dealers haven't already seen their fair share of Bronco issues. And pretty hard to disclose what I can't show or replicate. Not like I punched a hole in the oil pan and did a temporary patch to hide it.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
What vehical did you get?

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When was your build year/month?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What vehical did you get?
Something that I wouldn't have seen myself getting 6 months ago.

2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness.

Ford Bronco I've moved on - For now CF9E66D1-D281-441D-B252-52ECB0A7B754

It checked most of my boxes.

-Will do all of the off-roading I normally do
-Mind blowing amount of standard features for the price. Including adaptive LED headlights.
-Plenty of power
-Comfortable ride
-Good road mannerisms
-Plenty of room for long trips
-Made in the US
-Safety, safety, safety
-Added bonus it's a blast to drive on back road twisties

I was originally trying to buy an Explorer Timberline. But Ford dealers were trying to lowball me on trade to the tune of $40k or less. Won't own a GM product and nothing in the Stellantis line-up had my interest.

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Subaru is always a good choice. I’ve had 5 and they’re crazy good in the snow and have never had 1 maintenance issue or recall (that I can remember) on any of them. Best bang for the $$ out there. Hope you enjoy the new ride!!!

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This read like an exit post. Just saying.
No this isn't an exit post. LOL But I did trade my 3.5 month old Black Diamond last week.

Due to numerous electrical and mechanical issues, engine and powertrain faults that are leaving no code traces, soft top issues and general quality issues with my Bronco, I decided trading now versus later was the smart decision. I just don't have confidence that the Bronco wasn't going to leave me stranded. Or that I wouldn't end up with a major issues that would require parts that are on indefinite backorder. Dealers around here don't do loaners anymore and I can't be without my daily. I'll probably be cancelling my older second order of a hard top BB. Not that it would get built this MY anyway.

I still love the Bronco and will still be around here watching how things play out and admiring what you all do to yours. I'll attempt to revisit one in a few years when/if things level out and quality improves drastically. If not in a few years maybe when the Gen7 comes out.
Sponsored