Sponsored

Interesting problem to have.. 2023 or 2024?

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 1965 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
HI everyone,

I have an interesting problem: On May 18th, I ordered an Eruption Green 2dr Black Diamond Bronco. Other than the normal every 45 day updates from Ford, I had not heard anything from Ford from a scheduling perspective. So the day the 2024 order banks opened, my dealer calls me 2-3 times and sends a few texts telling me that Ford has asked them to move all of their unscheduled 2023 orders to 2024. So I go to the dealership and spec out a 2024 Big Bend, adding the special LED headlights for slightly less money.

Literally 3 days after I placed my 2024 order, I get an email saying that the 2023 is scheduled for build the week of Sept 11. My dealer is now telling me that I can take either one for the agreed price (MSRP + Doc fee), but either way, they will not cancel either order. When the 2023 arrives, they will call me and I can decide then if I want it.

I am leaning towards just taking the 2024; with the larger Sync screen and the LED lights, it has a couple of better options.. However, the 2024 will not have the entry keypad and I really like the 2023 Black Diamond steelie wheels, which are unavailable for 2024. Other than the options, is there a reason I should pick one over the other?

Thanks,
-Shannon
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you ordered the 2023MY Black Diamond with the Advanced Transfer Case... that's definitely the route I would go.

If not, then 2024MY is the obvious win.

Samsquanch33

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Big Bend Sas, '99 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure you can buy the numberpad seperately its just stuck onto the vehicle with 3m tape and shouldnt be too hard to find steelie take offs for sale. If it was me I would take the 23, because thats what I did last month. I dont really care for the bigger screen.

smiley75

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If youve got sasquatch on your 2024 id take that. It will have better screen/ upgraded suspension obviously depends on your patience as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure you can buy the numberpad seperately its just stuck onto the vehicle with 3m tape and shouldnt be too hard to find steelie take offs for sale. If it was me I would take the 23, because thats what I did last month. I dont really care for the bigger screen.
I didn't know that about the keypad. Thanks.

Normally, I wouldn't care either about the screen size, but the truck is for my wife and she likes the bigger screen... so maybe that answers my own question. :)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BD will get you rear diff, some under body plates, the steelies but the smaller screen. If you like the sig lights better you'll get the bigger screen, no rear diff unless you optioned it, the same MGV seats and different grille. Everything else is the same Bronco unless you optioned the BD with the 4A transfer case.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a BB I molded to be roughly like a BD. If you're into off roading and not into modding get the BD. If you're not an off roader or are into doing mods get the BB.

OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD will get you rear diff, some under body plates, the steelies but the smaller screen. If you like the sig lights better you'll get the bigger screen, no rear diff unless you optioned it, the same MGV seats and different grille. Everything else is the same Bronco unless you optioned the BD with the 4A transfer case.
I did option the locking rear diff.. and the basic transfer case in both orders.

I think I'm heading towards the 2024. I just looked on Facebook marketplace and there were at least 4 sets of Black Diamond steelies for sale. That, and the fact that I can just get the keypad separately seals the deal.

-Shannon

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HI everyone,

I have an interesting problem: On May 18th, I ordered an Eruption Green 2dr Black Diamond Bronco. Other than the normal every 45 day updates from Ford, I had not heard anything from Ford from a scheduling perspective. So the day the 2024 order banks opened, my dealer calls me 2-3 times and sends a few texts telling me that Ford has asked them to move all of their unscheduled 2023 orders to 2024. So I go to the dealership and spec out a 2024 Big Bend, adding the special LED headlights for slightly less money.

Literally 3 days after I placed my 2024 order, I get an email saying that the 2023 is scheduled for build the week of Sept 11. My dealer is now telling me that I can take either one for the agreed price (MSRP + Doc fee), but either way, they will not cancel either order. When the 2023 arrives, they will call me and I can decide then if I want it.

I am leaning towards just taking the 2024; with the larger Sync screen and the LED lights, it has a couple of better options.. However, the 2024 will not have the entry keypad and I really like the 2023 Black Diamond steelie wheels, which are unavailable for 2024. Other than the options, is there a reason I should pick one over the other?

Thanks,
-Shannon
You might be better off waiting for the MY24, if they go on strike on the 14th, it could be sitting on a lot for a while. Then you will also have to wait for your turn to ship due to the backlog.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's unclear if you can get the keypad on the 24 actually. For the past three years you could just order it and stick it wherever. But it's not listed as a 24 accessory.

I'd rather have the 23 and save the model year price increase. Especially since you likely have some sort of Retail Price Protection for one or two or three or however many increases there were this year.

Besides the steelies being the best looking rims, the Generals that come with the BD are much better tires than the minivan tires on the BB.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you want the bigger scren then go ‘24, I have the 8 inch and its fine for me but everyone wants the bigger one, and plus yes the keypad would be a plus for me as well..

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HI everyone,

Thanks,
-Shannon
I've got the same "problem". We are changing from Badlands non SAS to a OBX SAS due to how we are using the Bronco. We spend a lot of time off-roading, but are not big into rock climbing. We still get the lockers and won't miss the sway bar disconnect. I want to see what the improvements are on the 24 interior and, I'd rather have a 24 than a 23. I'm hoping by Feb we will have it since we don't lose our place in line.

Philyn8iv

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Edge, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Technically if the orders were placed in your name then they are both your vehicles and you in fact could buy both. Purchase the ‘23 when it comes in then when the ‘24 comes in you could trade it or sell it and buy the ‘24.
With the % match that order to delivery has to be at until you tell them you don’t want it they have to honor the agreed pricing with you and sell it to you.

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have a set of BD steelies (1,000 miles never off road) if interested
Sponsored