Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Picked up my bronco from the dealer on Labor Day.

Put about 300 miles on it so far, no leaks at all. 2 days ago I found a small less than teaspoon size puddle of gear oil. I never park in the same exact spot so this just started since the floor is clean everywhere else. I could not find a leak until today. Today i drove it about 20 miles and sure enough, another small puddle of gear oil. I have not left pavement with the truck yet, looks good in the Costco parking lot. šŸ˜

This time I see where itā€™s coming from. Looks like it is coming from the axel not the differential? I will call the dealer Monday but want to get opinions from folks here, what is the fix for this normally? New seal or do they have to replace more than that? Want to have an idea before I get the ā€œOh, thatā€™s normalā€ from the service manager.

I sincerely hope this not a sign of things to come with owning this. šŸ˜ 

IMG_8812.jpeg

IMG_8814.jpeg
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would have to be coming from the diff, no oil in the axles/CVs. Certainly not normal

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both ours had front differential leaks. Covered under warranty. The only issue is it takes at least a week to get everything in and fixed.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the replies, Iā€™ll call the dealer today. If I get this at 300 miles Iā€™m thinking I should pick up an extended warranty through Granger since Iā€™m hoping to keep it a good long while.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Picked up my bronco from the dealer on Labor Day.

Put about 300 miles on it so far, no leaks at all. 2 days ago I found a small less than teaspoon size puddle of gear oil. I never park in the same exact spot so this just started since the floor is clean everywhere else. I could not find a leak until today. Today i drove it about 20 miles and sure enough, another small puddle of gear oil. I have not left pavement with the truck yet, looks good in the Costco parking lot. šŸ˜

This time I see where itā€™s coming from. Looks like it is coming from the axel not the differential? I will call the dealer Monday but want to get opinions from folks here, what is the fix for this normally? New seal or do they have to replace more than that? Want to have an idea before I get the ā€œOh, thatā€™s normalā€ from the service manager.

I sincerely hope this not a sign of things to come with owning this. šŸ˜ 

Ford Bronco Front axle leak with only 320 miles on bronco IMG_8814

Ford Bronco Front axle leak with only 320 miles on bronco IMG_8814
Hi there, Tony. This axle leak concern doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there, Tony. This axle leak concern doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Will do, thank you!
Sponsored