Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was only able to switch ACC on at low speeds but it never activated (turn green) showing it was on. the icon stayed white and i was not able to activate ACC above 20 MPG.
make sure you have your seat belt on when trying , with it off it freaks out
Sponsored

ewf66

Raptor
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
make sure you have your seat belt on when trying , with it off it freaks out
I just got ACC with Stop n go to work! Here is what i did different - yesterday i did the pcm relearn in morning and braptor engine was not warmed up. Today i did the relearn after driving for awhile and engine was warmed up.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to test Auto Hold on my commute to and from work today. Worked pretty seamlessly and really like this feature. I’d note that there doesn’t appear to be any indicator on the dash that Auto Hold is engaged. I thought I saw an indicator in the video posted by the earlier member, but I think that was just the Auto Start/Stop indicator.

Speaking of, Auto Start/Stop and Auto Hold will work together. The only difference I noticed is that once the engine turns off at a full stop, it will turn back on when you press the accelerator to disengage the Auto Hold. This makes sense as Auto Start/Stop can’t rely on the driver releasing the brake pedal when Auto Home is active. Hope that makes sense.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only difference I noticed is that once the engine turns off at a full stop, it will turn back on when you press the accelerator to disengage the Auto Hold.
Same, though I've noticed that if you just barely touch the throttle, you can get the engine to restart while auto-hold stays engaged.
I like to restart the engine when crosstraffic gets a yellow, then simply hit the gas when I have green for a smooth takeoff.

Sometimes in just the right condition it'll get confused and set the parking brake as a precaution. Happened twice to me but more for my wife; maybe she's lighter on the brakes than me

ethanxy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Traffic Sign Recognition is really easy to enable.

IMPA
1694032228763.png
I enabled TSR with settings identical to the screenshot, but in real-world tests, the Bronco doesn't utilize the camera to display speed limits.

Despite passing numerous speed limit signs, the Bronco never prompts based on them. On certain roads without speed limit signs, the system automatically displays a speed limit, similar to the behavior before enabling TSR (TSR was disabled initially).

This raises doubts about whether the Bronco is actually using the camera reference. Regardless of adjustments, it continues to display speed limits based on navigation data. Is there a need for additional settings to activate this feature?

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the older lane assists that were integrated in the rearview mirror, they had different firmware for with/without traffic sign recognition. Many Focus owners in Europe would flash the TSR-enabled firmware to their mirror. The mirror itself would be stamped "AHBC/LA" or "AHBC/LA/TSR" depending on which firmware it had, the hardware itself unchanged.

It's entirely possible that our cameras lack the necessary programming and would need to have the firmware from a different model flashed (or replace the module outright). I don't know if I really want to try flashing Escape firmware to a Bronco's camera.

Last edited:

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I enabled TSR with settings identical to the screenshot, but in real-world tests, the Bronco doesn't utilize the camera to display speed limits.

Despite passing numerous speed limit signs, the Bronco never prompts based on them. On certain roads without speed limit signs, the system automatically displays a speed limit, similar to the behavior before enabling TSR (TSR was disabled initially).
Are there any settings in IPC related to this? I'm wondering if IPMA is outputting the sign recognition data, but IPC isn't programmed to display it.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And to add to the puzzle, I was discussing the forscan changes to enable active cruise and speed sign recognition with a fellow participant of the NH offrodeo. He was from Canada and claimed his Bronco already had these capabilities from the factory?! I double checked he understood what I was talking about and he assured me his Bronco already had this ability…so if that’s true and a flash is needed, would it be possible to get it from a Canadian Bronco?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And to add to the puzzle, I was discussing the forscan changes to enable active cruise and speed sign recognition with a fellow participant of the NH offrodeo. He was from Canada and claimed his Bronco already had these capabilities from the factory?! I double checked he understood what I was talking about and he assured me his Bronco already had this ability…so if that’s true and a flash is needed, would it be possible to get it from a Canadian Bronco?
No Bronco has intelligent ACC or speed sign recognition using the IPMA from the factory. Canadian built isn't any different.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Bronco has intelligent ACC or speed sign recognition using the IPMA from the factory. Canadian built isn't any different.
Dang. I thought it sounded weird seeing as I hadn’t heard of that anywhere else, but I was hoping. Damned French Canadians:).

Sponsored

ethanxy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the older lane assists that were integrated in the rearview mirror, they had different firmware for with/without traffic sign recognition. Many Focus owners in Europe would flash the TSR-enabled firmware to their mirror.

It's entirely possible that our cameras lack the necessary programming and would need to have the firmware from a different model flashed (or replace the module outright). I don't know if I really want to try flashing Escape firmware to a Bronco's camera.
I agree with you;

Also I have to complain that the pricing for the Badlands with SAS and Lux package is not budget-friendly. It's likely the only car in this price range on the market without TSR.

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dang. I thought it sounded weird seeing as I hadn’t heard of that anywhere else, but I was hoping. Damned French Canadians:).
Maybe he thought it was just the display of the speed limit sign? 🤷‍♂️

ethanxy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any settings in IPC related to this? I'm wondering if IPMA is outputting the sign recognition data, but IPC isn't programmed to display it.
It's possible, but since I'm no expert in this field, I'm unsure how to find it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe he thought it was just the display of the speed limit sign? 🤷‍♂️
I think what happens is; a lot of the time the speed limit signs are placed where the speed limit changes so it appears the display in the dash is changing when the sign goes by. Rather, it is really reading the embedded data in the maps.
It makes sense the road dept would put speed limit signs where the change happens and that Canadians are more thorough with keeping map and real-world data in sync, leading you to believe it is reading the passing sign.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just tried this on my 23 2.7 BL with the High package, Fail. Any time I change the BCM CC to Adaptive or Adative with Stop/Go, it disables the pre-collision. I used F first in ABS, but I tried E, and C too (no trailer brake assist, HDC).

Mpeugeot posted this info

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control
CMbB = Collision Mitigation by Braking
HDC = Hill Descent Control
TBA = Trailer Backup Assist

Values
0=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA Without
1=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC Without, TBA With
2=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA Without
3=ACC Without, CMbB Without, HDC With, TBA With
4=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA Without
5=ACC Without, CMbB With, HDC Without, TBA With