First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the way it looks, but it also feels much better in the hand than the factory knob. Perfect size!
Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG Any update on the Chissel pics?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enders - Looks great!

Did you have to pick the orange paint code? What was it? And, how close does it match?

Sponsored

EndersRide

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enders - Looks great!

Did you have to pick the orange paint code? What was it? And, how close does it match?
Thanks! I did have to select the color code, and it’s called Sunrise Pearl (PMB-4652). The color match is so close to the interior accents that I can’t tell the difference. (More importantly, the wife, who worries more about these kinds of details, agrees.) If I ever decide to coat the metal inserts on my Trailrax, this will be the color I use as a nod to the interior. (If you look at the production pictures first put out, you can see the difference between mine and the on site orange. Seems I was the only one to put in that color request.)

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m still not getting it. Again, I’ve been machining, both manual and CNC for 50 years. I get it if you were trying to mass produce these using a manual lathe and a Bridgeport, but you can knock these out in no time with any modern CNC either lathe with live tooling or a 4 axis mill.
Every machining op, and there are three and sometimes four, depending on the spec of the order are all done on our ST-30Y (with live tooling), along with the threaded adapter, reverse lockout, other stainless steel machined hardware we produce in house for our accessories, and our myriad of titanium lug nuts. Also add in time for going off site to the local powder coat shop and getting in line there with all of our other parts we send them for finishing (MAGNUMS/STIRRUPS, Shackles, BAM Rail Components, D Handles/MOSH plates, various wheels, CALL SIGNs, SLAPs, Bronco Scripts/Placards... you get the idea, hopefully) then returning to us to receive the post machine OP in the same lathe (shift pattern). Then we fixture them yet again for a laser op. Then most everyone has opted to have the shift pattern color filled. We do this in house also, by hand. We also design all of these parts in house.

So, true, you may have been in a machine shop for however many years but we're much more than just a machine shop. We produce all of these bespoke and custom finished parts in house. The sooner everyone can get on board and realize that we aren't a factory and we all personally produce, custom finish, inspect, and pack every order ourselves, the better off everyone will be. If you want a mass produced, mediocre part, that looks just like the last part that was put in a box and put on a UPS truck, there are definitely companies for that.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ogre - you may want to change your Chisel order to a White Bread. Chisels seem to be much further behind.
Chisel will be so worth it. Just wait. There's nothing like it. Not even Pagani has sauce like the CHISEL.

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob Screenshot 2024-05-14 180316

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Holy interpolated holes, Batman!
4:38 min of machining on that face alone. Gobs and gobs of surfacing. Another 1:42 on the backside. I still need to weigh it, but I’m guessing 25.5 lbs.
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob IMG_5796

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That wheel is a gorgeous mix of classic and modern. Most tempting silver I've seen yet.

Hey assholes that want color fill. You're slowing down my Chisel order!!

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe color fill isnt what is holding up your chisel. that wheel took up a lot of machine time.
But it's pretty. And I didn't order color fill. So I'll blame the fence I'm not sitting on. 'Merica 😅
Sponsored