Rhino-Rack

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner
Hey guys, Weston here with Rhino-Rack. I joined the team last week as their North American Marketing Manager, and as you can imagine the 6th gen 4Runner launch is a top priority for me. I thought I'd introduce myself, share some plans and offer myself up as a resource as we get closer to launch. I'll be sure to keep you updated on products (including a slick new rack I'll unveil soon) and will work with the admins on some deals/group buys for the community.

For those of you who don't know, Rhino-Rack is a 30+ year old roof rack and accessory company founded in Australia with some longtime ties to Toyota down under. My goal is spreading the same love that has been growing in the Aussie off-road and overland crowd for the past three decades.

Personally speaking, I've been building Toyotas and Lexuses for the past 15 years and probably know a few of you here from over the years (t4r anyone??). You can check out some of my past stuff on www.instagram.com/outworldhq and www.youtube.com/outworld .

Here's a mockup of the first phase I have in mind (probably going with black though). We're happy to be here and can't wait for this baby to hit the streets!

- Weston

2025 Toyota 4runner Weston with Rhino-Rack | We're coming for you! 2025 4Runner Rack Preview Mockup 1715104527074-18

Gastan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
Been a fan of Rhino racks so good to see you guys have plans already. Do you guys have a 6th gen 4Runner on order yet? Or better yet, already have CAD schematics from Toyota and don't even need an actual vehicle to start product development. 🤞

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
Nice mockup. Just noticed how good TRD stripe colors look on Mudbath.

Will your platform roof rack work directly with the 2025 4runner's factory roof rails? Or will the OEM roof rails have to be removed and replaced with a Rhino Rack Backbone rail or cross bar?

OP
OP
Rhino-Rack

Rhino-Rack

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner
Been a fan of Rhino racks so good to see you guys have plans already. Do you guys have a 6th gen 4Runner on order yet? Or better yet, already have CAD schematics from Toyota and don't even need an actual vehicle to start product development. 🤞
Love to hear it. I'm placing the deposit this week most likely. Still waiting on measuring opportunities - nothing set yet. We'll definitely have an opportunity to jump start development with CAD, just waiting for a heads up on a timeline.

Nice mockup. Just noticed how good TRD stripe colors look on Mudbath.

Will your platform roof rack work directly with the 2025 4runner's factory roof rails? Or will the OEM roof rails have to be removed and replaced with a Rhino Rack Backbone rail or cross bar?
Nothing is confirmed yet, but the mockup I did above would be utilizing our non-invasive Backbone - replacing the factory roof rails and mount using the factory bolt holes. Utilizing the factory rails would considerably limit the load rating most likely.

We may have some options to complement the factory roof rails but too early to say.