TRD Off-Road suspension better than TRD Sport's

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I have off road manual . I have been driving for a month now . Yesterday i was driving sports that my friend got new few days ago . Not saying that sports suspension is not good but off road suspension felt way better than sports even on paved roads .. any thoughts ???
Sponsored

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
the sport suspension is stiffer to allow the truck corner better (not as much rolling). The OR is more cushy for sure, I'm really enjoying mine but I do find that I can hit those bump stops a bit to easily in the rear.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
I test drove SR5's, PreRunners, sports and off-roads before buying (eight different trucks total, with different trim levels).

Surprisingly, the 2wd SR5 I drove last seemed to have the best suspension and ride. It was less stiff than the Sport and PreRunner and less floaty than the Off-Road. The 4x4 SR5 felt exactly like the off-road, though.

I'm no engineer, so I couldn't tell you what was going on in the suspension but the 2wd SR5 Premium would have been what I bought but I absolutely need rear lockers. So, I went with the Off-Road Premium.

... I do find that I can hit those bump stops a bit to easily in the rear.
Quoted for truth. I'm looking for remedies for this very issue myself.