Tailgate open sign showing intermittently on dash info screen

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yeasterday on road trip while driving it will show me tailgate open sign on info screen . But all the time it was close .then i noticed that everytime a truck or bus or heavy vehicle passed me . drag from wind will cause the sign showed up . Does anyone one else had a problem so far .
Sponsored

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Yeasterday on road trip while driving it will show me tailgate open sign on info screen . But all the time it was close .then i noticed that everytime a truck or bus or heavy vehicle passed me . drag from wind will cause the sign showed up . Does anyone one else had a problem so far .
have you tried opening it and closing it again and see if it persists? maybe its just not fully closed?

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
Yesterday I was carrying a vanity and a toilet on the bed with the tailgate closed. And I got the open tail gate sign multiple times. Not sure what is that all about.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I had that problem right after driving off the lot with mine. Took it back to service. They went in and checked it. Said that it was loose and misaligned from the factory. They tightened and realigned it and it has worked fine since. It was a pain because when that occurs it disables the park assist so definitely take it back to dealer

OP
OP
Sandeep1994

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
have you tried opening it and closing it again and see if it persists? maybe its just not fully closed?
Yes i did stopped on highway checked it closed again . But it kept notification pop for a second every time heavy vehicle passed me .

OP
OP
Sandeep1994

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I had that problem right after driving off the lot with mine. Took it back to service. They went in and checked it. Said that it was loose and misaligned from the factory. They tightened and realigned it and it has worked fine since. It was a pain because when that occurs it disables the park assist so definitely take it back to dealer
Yes i will talk to dealer thanks
Sponsored