Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20F-150,’24 OBX nonSAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey All,
I bought some fitted smoked headlight covers recently. After having time to wash the Bronco so I could put them on according to instructions, I did so a few days ago.
rode to work that morning, the guys at work made comments about how cool they looked.
rode home for a lunch meeting with a contractor, and when I got home, one of the headlight covers had come off. Retraced my steps twice and found nothing.
$159.90 down the drain.
so here is the thing. The instructions do not tell you when the covers are installed correctly. There is nothing that says, if you do this, then they are on and you may now go and enjoy them without major concern, but it does not say that in the instructions.
the instructions say that they are friction fit to instal, and, yes, I can see that with the rubber pieces on the edges that makes sense. So I pressed them on, not knowing if they were on properly. Then I thought to myself, how do I know if these are on properly? So I decided to remove one of them. It was kind of difficult to pull off, so that made me feel good. So i pressed it back on really hard. So hard in fact, that I thought I was going to crack them. Gave a quick tug to see if they were on just as tight and I felt comfortable that they were on tight.
But, alas, that was not to be.
I never even got a photo of them while they were on the Bronco.

so my question is, has anyone used these before with better results? And if so, how did you make sure that they were on properly?

I can probably be converted to a fan again, but, I would not spend my money on this product again, currently, without some proper installation advice, or some instructions that tell you when it is properly installed.

I loved the way they looked and I thought they were good quality. Just wish that operator error was not built into the instructions by not telling you when they are properly installed. These were hard plastic and not the decals.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
-W
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey All,
I bought some fitted smoked headlight covers recently. After having time to wash the Bronco so I could put them on according to instructions, I did so a few days ago.
rode to work that morning, the guys at work made comments about how cool they looked.
rode home for a lunch meeting with a contractor, and when I got home, one of the headlight covers had come off. Retraced my steps twice and found nothing.
$159.90 down the drain.
so here is the thing. The instructions do not tell you when the covers are installed correctly. There is nothing that says, if you do this, then they are on and you may now go and enjoy them without major concern, but it does not say that in the instructions.
the instructions say that they are friction fit to instal, and, yes, I can see that with the rubber pieces on the edges that makes sense. So I pressed them on, not knowing if they were on properly. Then I thought to myself, how do I know if these are on properly? So I decided to remove one of them. It was kind of difficult to pull off, so that made me feel good. So i pressed it back on really hard. So hard in fact, that I thought I was going to crack them. Gave a quick tug to see if they were on just as tight and I felt comfortable that they were on tight.
But, alas, that was not to be.
I never even got a photo of them while they were on the Bronco.

so my question is, has anyone used these before with better results? And if so, how did you make sure that they were on properly?

I can probably be converted to a fan again, but, I would not spend my money on this product again, currently, without some proper installation advice, or some instructions that tell you when it is properly installed.

I loved the way they looked and I thought they were good quality. Just wish that operator error was not built into the instructions by not telling you when they are properly installed. These were hard plastic and not the decals.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
-W
Haven't used these on my Bronco, but back in the day I had the GTS headlight covers and taillight covers on my Mustang GT and losing them on the road or to theft was always an issue. It becomes sort of a cost of wanting that look I'm afraid.

Ford Bronco Smoked Headlight Covers opinions/help 1714593092538-tc

OP
OP
WussisWuss-231
First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20F-150,’24 OBX nonSAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, yeah, they look good for sure on all black vehicles. Already have the replacements on order.
‘once you see them on the Bronco, you cannot unsee them, or un-want them just bc you lose one! Have to buy the whole kit at this time, which means extra parts. Oh well. What the wifey wants the wifey gets. Going to pay the cost of admission again. I’ll make sure to take the photos first this time. Lol

the tail light covers look awesome as well!! Have not had a problem with those.
Sponsored