Possible Phone Holder Solution for 2025 Tacoma 4th gens

svaughn76

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Why would a phone holder be needed if the Tacoma comes with Wireless Carplay?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Why would a phone holder be needed if the Tacoma comes with Wireless Carplay?
I have wireless carplay and still have a setup like this. First, the phone is accessible and sometimes I run another app besides music and/or navagation.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
The issue with that one is it blocks the air vent, A/C controls and at least part of the center screen. It looks like a rip off of "ProClip" mounts. They show a tiny iPhone 8 in the pic, imagine an iPhone Pro Max mounted there with even more blockage. I went with this solution. It's out of the way and very secure for MagSafe compatible phones or cases.

https://www.shopmoment.com/products/moment-strap-anywhere-mount-for-magsafe

2024 Tacoma Possible Phone Holder Solution for 2025 Tacoma 4th gens IMG_0508

Last edited:

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I've got an airvent clip one that I got at the $5 or Less store. Works great and doesn't really block the air flow. My old phone doesn't interact with Android Auto, so I use the phone for NAV until I get a new one.

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
I don't have the upgrade package so I made use of the Peak Design wireless charger from my last vehicle. It makes the phone a little more upright, but at least the phone doesn't move around at all being Magsafe compatible. Adhesive wasn't quite strong enough so I used a few screws to hold it in place. Preferred this route because it keeps the vents unobstructed and is still easy to access the phone. Iphone 14 Pro Max fits fine below all the buttons.

2024 Tacoma Possible Phone Holder Solution for 2025 Tacoma 4th gens IMG_7332

2024 Tacoma Possible Phone Holder Solution for 2025 Tacoma 4th gens IMG_7331

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Seems like the perfect spot for someone to make a 3D print for a MagSafe charger or similar charger. Snap the charger in place and wrap the extra cord around it on the back side so you don't see it. Who's up for it?

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
What is the problem with the wireless charger location? Is it a bad angle? I can understand people wanting it in a better position to view, but some of these solutions from people are not moving it that far from the existing placement.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I can understand moving the phones off the OEM phone warmer…

i like the magnet on the handle solution the best so far!

Here’s a question for y’all. I’ve had an aftermarket box that turns my wired CarPlay into wireless for years… with noticeable lag (on inputs, skipping songs, nav, and especially on phone calls which is super annoying.)

Any such issues with the OEM wireless in the new Taco?

Much obliged.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Does anyone know how to get the piece up where some trucks have the wireless charger?
I want to add a diy wireless charger behind it.

chon_jee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x2 Double Cab
This is a great idea... but I don't know if I'm willing to spend $42 for a phone holder, wonder if bike mounts can work.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bike+han...ke+handle+phone+hold,aps,168&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

The issue with that one is it blocks the air vent, A/C controls and at least part of the center screen. It looks like a rip off of "ProClip" mounts. They show a tiny iPhone 8 in the pic, imagine an iPhone Pro Max mounted there with even more blockage. I went with this solution. It's out of the way and very secure for MagSafe compatible phones or cases.

https://www.shopmoment.com/products/moment-strap-anywhere-mount-for-magsafe

IMG_0508.jpeg

AltarBoy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21trd off-road
I just have my phone plugged into the screen plug and leave it in the pocket next to the shifter. I could care less about the wireless charging pad
Sponsored