Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

I have been watching and reading these forums, lurking in the background for 6 months or so. Was on the fence about getting a Bronco right away, as I have a newish car, and don't see the point. I usually keep my cars a minimum of 8 years or so.

Today I decided to go for it and put in a reservation for a new Bronco. I know I probably won't take delivery until sometime next year, and I am ok with that. I currently drive a fully loaded Volvo XC60 T8 (plug in hybrid), but have continual issues with the hybrid system, and this is the only car that has left me stranded on multiple times. Even though it just had a major 60,000 mile service, the check engine light is on again, so another trip to the dealer.

In the past I had a Ford Explorer (1999) and it was durable and held up well for the first 140,000 miles or so. This will be my second Ford.

I reserved an AntiMatter 2 door Badlands, with lux package, 2.3L and 7 speed. Probably be last manual transmission available on a new car for quite a while, outside of a few specialty vehicles.

The only off roading I have done in the past is some dirt roads going to old ghost towns and such. (Bodie being one of my favorite ghost towns). Hope to learn how to use my new Bronco to do more off roading, and possibly some car camping / overlanding on the weekends with my dog.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello,

I have been watching and reading these forums, lurking in the background for 6 months or so. Was on the fence about getting a Bronco right away, as I have a newish car, and don't see the point. I usually keep my cars a minimum of 8 years or so.

Today I decided to go for it and put in a reservation for a new Bronco. I know I probably won't take delivery until sometime next year, and I am ok with that. I currently drive a fully loaded Volvo XC60 T8 (plug in hybrid), but have continual issues with the hybrid system, and this is the only car that has left me stranded on multiple times. Even though it just had a major 60,000 mile service, the check engine light is on again, so another trip to the dealer.

In the past I had a Ford Explorer (1999) and it was durable and held up well for the first 140,000 miles or so. This will be my second Ford.

I reserved an AntiMatter 2 door Badlands, with lux package, 2.3L and 7 speed. Probably be last manual transmission available on a new car for quite a while, outside of a few specialty vehicles.

The only off roading I have done in the past is some dirt roads going to old ghost towns and such. (Bodie being one of my favorite ghost towns). Hope to learn how to use my new Bronco to do more off roading, and possibly some car camping / overlanding on the weekends with my dog.
Ford Bronco New here from Southern California 1621973352365

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome aboard -- you're going to get a lot of good insights from the people here. And you may have a laugh or two from time to time.

Great choice on the AMB Badlands and the 7MT. I saw AMB in person last week, it's much better than in photos (but it doesn't sound like you need any convincing). I went manual too since I am confident it will be the last new vehicle with 3 pedals for me.

OP
OP
Bad Andy

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great choice on the AMB Badlands and the 7MT. I saw AMB in person last week, it's much better than in photos (but it doesn't sound like you need any convincing).
I am glad to hear it. I have always had either dark blue, dark grey, or black cars (except my first two cars which were boring white). I wish it wasn't metallic, but my current black car has a light metallic flake in it and I learned to like it.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs