Maybe just being OCD but??

ChrisC

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD ORP
I’ve purchased 4 new vehicles in my lifetime. 3 Tacoma’s and my FJ Cruiser brand new 2007. Drove it 17 years until my most recent purchase of a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road - Premium package. FJ was flawless from the day I bought it till I sold it to buy the newest Tacoma.

First off, I love my new truck. But here are my OCD complaints:

Driver door rattles with any decent bass on the JBL stereo.

Hood vibrates/undulates at high speeds or over bumps.

Tale gate has uneven gaps

Interior has uneven gaps all over with the trim.

wipers are choppy over windshield

Tires came way over inflated at pick up.

1st to 2nd gear is a little clunky.

paint is thin as heck. Rock chips after one day driving on pavement.

A/C is moody and even when off the fan engages constantly.

Subwoofer is a joke.

Window seals are subpar.

Sure there are more I’m forgetting but I paid 63k out the door. Not asking for Porsche Q/C but it’s a little disappointing.

Again, I freaking love this truck and can live with the little things. Just curious how you all are feeling about the build quality.

I think I was spoiled with my FJ!
Sponsored

FJTaco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trd off road premium
I agree that the qc from toyota seems to be slipping a little. Nothing major but for the price they are charging I would expect a little better attention to detail. I wouldn't care if it was a budget model but....
I just hope the reliability hasn't suffered in the same way.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
sounds a little better than the cybertruck QC, but yea <$100K now is a regula truck with regula issues.

when I take delivery I'm gonna squint at the paperwork from 6' away and pretend it's a $35k truck. As long as the steering wheel is attached, I'm driving it off the lot.

This wait has been grueling so hopefully they're getting their shit together at the assembly plants on the 4 gens. Nobody's perfect, I build for a living. The rig I've been driving for the past 22 years was built in Mexico, outlasted my exceptions by ~10 years

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve purchased 4 new vehicles in my lifetime. 3 Tacoma’s and my FJ Cruiser brand new 2007. Drove it 17 years until my most recent purchase of a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road - Premium package. FJ was flawless from the day I bought it till I sold it to buy the newest Tacoma.

First off, I love my new truck. But here are my OCD complaints:

Driver door rattles with any decent bass on the JBL stereo.

Hood vibrates/undulates at high speeds or over bumps.

Tale gate has uneven gaps

Interior has uneven gaps all over with the trim.

wipers are choppy over windshield

Tires came way over inflated at pick up.

1st to 2nd gear is a little clunky.

paint is thin as heck. Rock chips after one day driving on pavement.

A/C is moody and even when off the fan engages constantly.

Subwoofer is a joke.

Window seals are subpar.

Sure there are more I’m forgetting but I paid 63k out the door. Not asking for Porsche Q/C but it’s a little disappointing.

Again, I freaking love this truck and can live with the little things. Just curious how you all are feeling about the build quality.

I think I was spoiled with my FJ!
63k out the door? Sheesh

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
1st to 2nd definitely takes some finesse in the manual. It's irritating, especially when you're putting the sport mode to good use lol.

I don't find the wipers are choppy though, silky smooth for me.

The paint pisses me off, and it's still pissing me off. Brand new truck and the amount of rock chips I have in the front of my bed is absolutely fckin infuriating, if it was metal where it was chipping I'd be raising hell with Toyota corporate and my dealer. $65,000 and they still can't figure out a way to protect their thin useless paint jobs.

Toyota windshields is another thing that infuriates me. It did with my Camry, and now with my Tacoma. Never had an issue with windshield ls chipping and cracking until I switched to Toyota, with how weak their glass is, it's just as well they put plexiglass instead. I've got 4 rock chips already in the truck filled and repaired and I haven't even hit 10k kms.

The interior is god awful for scratches too, cheap plastics all around.

I love the truck as well but there's absolutely some nitpicky things I can complain about all day long especially at the price point they want you to pay for it.

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yes totally agree with you there are few things that i dont like
1- wiper machine is loud
2- every time i close the back door i hear a noice in tailgate
3-i didn’t like the quality of paint . I have black off road and already have scratches on truck
4- 1-2 gears are moody .sometimes goes in very smooth but then other times its frustration . Now i just try slow shifting which is working fine for me . As soon as truck start moving in 1 gear i shift to 2 nd and it goes smooth
5- yes some interior plastic didn’t come with good finish .

But then rest of the truck is so good . Special how engine feels like , power it delivers ,torque , transmission ( except 1-2 ) is solid . I really liked the suspension - the way truck handles around corners is way better than all other vehicles i have driven . All the buttons and interior is perfectly designed . Seating position is very comfortable
I did towed around 600 pounds other day . It didn’t feel like truck struggled a little bit power felt same as if there was nothing in truck

Truck cruses just fine in 4 low in first gear even on incline

3rd and 4 th gear is awesome . U can drive from 20 milers per hour to 65-70 miles per hour in these gears

Yes there are few quality issues which didn’t like
But drivetrain wise this truck is solid . I believe it will last long long time

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
2- every time i close the back door i hear a noice in tailgate
Saw this in a review video. Add a felt or rubber washer on the inside of the tailgate opening where the cable from the tailgate connects to the post. It's that fitting rattling against the post apparently.

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
Fit/finish on mine is great inside and outside. Only a very slight gap difference on the tailgate, not enough to notice unless you actually measure it.

Still trying to find just the right seating position. It ain't a sedan.

Ventilated seats? OMG , game changer. No more Schwetty balls! The fan is pretty loud on high though.
Sponsored