Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are now a Ford family!

My husband picked up a '23 F-150 Lightning Platinum yesterday after we went to the dealer to just "look" at it.

I've gotta say though, I wasn't initially too into them (or EVs for that matter), but after the test drive, kicking the tires, looking at EVERYTHING (thanks bronco), this thing is awesome!

The dealership super lowballed his trade-in, he was ready to walk. I pulled up different valuation sites (NADA, KBB, etc, and even used the dealers sister Jeep dealer against them), they finally got to the number I would settle for with the trade-in ($5k difference).

I had never driven an EV before, and think I've only ridden in one that was an Uber.

Holy crap! I can't believe how quick this damn pick up truck is! I was actually a bit scared (rainy, night time) and I only hit about a little more than quarter throttle!

I'll absolutely say that the fit and finish is WAYYY better than the Bronco, and the A/C seats are amazing.

Not necessarily sure why I'm making this thread, but I think it may be to document anything that comes along, and for people here to see it if they're interested in a Lightning.
Sponsored