First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently experienced a ride along in the Lightning. I am in my sixties. Physically fit and exercise daily. The driver found a lonely straight away to show me the torque. From a dead stop he stepped on the throttle. I have never experienced G force like that. I actually began to black out. I yelled to have the driver stop the acceleration. I was told the throttle was at half way and we had only obtained 40 mph before I yelled to stop. I had a headache and a queasy stomach for the rest of the day. I have been driven in all types of EVā€™s. They all posses unbelievable torque. This Lightning far exceeded the others. Needless to say I wonā€™t be a drag racer, jet pilot, or astronaut.
I believe it. I see the Teslas accelerate so fast from the lights all the time. They are at 50 before I even leave the light. I was behind one once in my C6 Corvette, It left me in the dust like I was on a bicycle. And I think my C6 is fast.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it. I see the Teslas accelerate so fast from the lights all the time. They are at 50 before I even leave the light. I was behind one once in my C6 Corvette, It left me in the dust like I was on a bicycle. And I think my C6 is fast.
Tesla Plaid is basically the fastest production car ever made doing a 9 sec flat quarter mile @ over 150 mph For just north of $100k. I prefer a manual ice sports car, but hard not to be impressed.

Antimatter Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi Q7, 2012 F150 Platinum, 1993 Ford Lightn
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have a lightning on order and cant wait but as for as speed goes the Rivians will blow it away! we have 2 and they are stupid fast!!!
Ford Bronco Going to be an expensive month... rt11
Ford Bronco Going to be an expensive month... rt1

BroncoNS22

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lightning Lariat? Good lord youā€™re going to need a 30 year mortgage just for that truck!!! My 30 year mortgage was just over the MSRP of that truck lol.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow I could not afford either of your builds by themselves, never mind both.

Electric vehicles are so overpriced- I'll most likely never own one. I just have to make it 2 more years with gas, then I retire, will work close to home and maybe get an E Bike. Well maybe not, I can pedal LOL.
EVā€™s donā€™t need to be overpriced, but the ā€œaverage consumerā€œ level EVā€™s arenā€™t readily available yet. I depends on what you choose or are lucky enough to be able to order. My Lightning Pro with options is $46K (I know, lottery ticket). Chevy is lowering the MSRP of the Bolt to under $30K for 2023. Add the federal and state incentives on those vehicles and they are very affordable if people can use the tax credits. The average new vehicle, EV or not, has been marching upwards for years and are jumping even more now.

Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wife would cut my sacks off if I tired this.

We can easily afford but just the fact Iā€™d be taking delivery of 2 vehicles would be too much for her to handle.

Soon as market normalizes Iā€™ll get Raptor for my Wildtrak though.

She has Rivian SUV on order.

You my friend are lucky man and those are 2 sick rides! Enjoy!!

Antimatter Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi Q7, 2012 F150 Platinum, 1993 Ford Lightn
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who are these people?!
Just regular people, trust me it wasnā€™t always like this! My wife and I work hard and enjoy the things we have with our kids!!!! They love cars so I use them to twist the wifeā€™s armā€¦ šŸ˜‰
Sponsored