Sponsored

Glove Box Issue per Toyota Quebec Rep

bass462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Hello!
First time posting here. Went in to give a deposit last week for a TRD OR hybrid at my local dealership in Montreal Quebec and as luck would have it the Toyota Quebec rep was there giving the sales team a demo on the 4th Gen. They invited me to hang around so I did.

One thing that stood out, given the recent postings of many online, the rep said the glove box being 'loose' or bouncy or whatever is 'intentional' as some kind of impact absorption mechanism if you slam your knee while going over some bumpy stuff. Found it interesting that he made that point without anyone asking. So is it truly intentional or is this a talking point for people like me who measure gaps and touch everything seeing as the word it is out on questionable quality. Anyways, thanks for having me, I'll post more content about what's going on my neck of the woods.
Sponsored

Camario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Chevrolet K2500. 2004 Subaru WRX STI
Which dealer did you order from? I placed a reservation for a TRD OR manual in January at Boucherville Toyota.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Well that idea might've looked good in their feeble little minds but I think it's totally idiotic to leave a little bit of bouncy in the damned glove box door to protect the knees! What a crock of crap!
Passenger: The damn glove box is rattling and driving me crazy.
Driver: shut the heck up. It's to protect your knees SymphonyšŸ¤”
Maybe I'm the one with a feeble little mindšŸ˜³

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
There is no doubt that is for sure intentional. Mine is spring loaded in the down position and doesnā€™t rattle or move around at all. Itā€™s a bit odd or different for sure and likely unnecessary but overall doesnā€™t bother me at all.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well that idea might've looked good in their feeble little minds but I think it's totally idiotic to leave a little bit of bouncy in the damned glove box door to protect the knees! What a crock of crap!
Except it doesnā€™t rattle so

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Makes perfect sense to me. Of all the complaints about the glove box being ā€looseā€ Iā€™ve not read one complaint about a rattle - not one. My ORā€™s glove box is as everyone elses glove box lid. It doesnā€™t rattle! Why is everyone making such a stink about the glove box lid if it doesnā€™t rattle. Iā€™ve even seen some goof on YouTube made a video of how to use cabinet door bumpers to fill the loose gap. Why bother ?!?!? Does it rattle? - NO. Then who cares it must be engineered that way. No fix needed for a problem thatā€™s not there. It looks right, gaps are right, doesnā€™t rattle. All is well in taco land!

Last edited:
OP
OP

bass462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Which dealer did you order from? I placed a reservation for a TRD OR manual in January at Boucherville Toyota.
Alix Toyota in Montreal, good luck! I was told hybrids may stretch into 2025
Sponsored