Sponsored

Cross bed bars that integrate with rail system.

dhzion

First Name
DH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Is anyone familiar with and/or can recommend cross bed bars that integrate with the rail system that I can use to mount my Yakima cargo box? Preferably ones that sit low, eventually allowing for addition of a tonneau.
Sponsored

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Idk about the cross bars, but UpTop Overland claims their mid height and full height bed racks are "compatible with industry leading bed cover manufacturers." Unsure what this means, but worth giving them a chat on Instagram to find out which bed covers are compatible. They do also have cross bars but bed cover compatibility is not mentioned.

https://www.uptopoverland.com/collections/all-bed-racks/year_2024

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
I'll be installing Billie Bars this weekend (mid height) for a rooftop tent. The BAK X4s product page for the 6' bed finally went live on Realtruck yesterday so I ordered one of those. Cautiously optimistic about fitment, but expecting I may have to modify one of them to make it work cleanly. Will post pics once the cover arrives.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
Is anyone familiar with and/or can recommend cross bed bars that integrate with the rail system that I can use to mount my Yakima cargo box? Preferably ones that sit low, eventually allowing for addition of a tonneau.
I was literally looking at my Yakima thinking the same thing. Hopefully we can find something.

OP
OP

dhzion

First Name
DH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I was literally looking at my Yakima thinking the same thing. Hopefully we can find something.
After giving it more thought I think I'm going to go with a tonneau and a rack/bars on the cab for the skybox.

I was hoping for bars that would sit below the edge of the bed allowing for the tonneau to cover them when I didn't want to use the box, but the reality is the box is longer than the bed.....

I'm not really interested in the raised rack/bar systems that sit over the bed so the tonneau and cab rack system seems the best combo to guarantee I have dry/secure storage options.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
After giving it more thought I think I'm going to go with a tonneau and a rack/bars on the cab for the skybox.

I was hoping for bars that would sit below the edge of the bed allowing for the tonneau to cover them when I didn't want to use the box, but the reality is the box is longer than the bed.....

I'm not really interested in the raised rack/bar systems that sit over the bed so the tonneau and cab rack system seems the best combo to guarantee I have dry/secure storage options.
Dang, cousin. I just found these too. You can buy the mounts and bars from 3rd party vendors.

https://yakima.com/products/bedrock...1DyuUuzZjsU-6_5i3z_VmOPEK0-jgav8aAlUkEALw_wcB

I think my Yakima is less than 5' long, it's hanging up in the garage and I can park the bed directly under it. Mine came off the top of my old 4Runner, but I'll have to check.

KB Voodoo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Gladiator, Raptor

Lots of crossbar options here: https://www.kbvoodoo.com/toyota-tacoma-years-2016-to-present
Sponsored