Sponsored

Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2...o-ditch-factory-navigation-system-next-month/

2022 Ford Bronco Lineup To Ditch Factory Navigation System Next Month

The 2022 Bronco lineup will lose its optional factory navigation system option beginning with Job 2 production, which applies to all models built on or after May 2nd, 2022, though that date is subject to change. This feature is currently available as an option on Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Badlands trims as part of the Mid Package (222A equipment group) and is standard on Badlands trims equipped with the High (333A) or Lux Package (334A), as well as Outer Banks and Wildtrak trims. Factory navigation is not available on Base-trimmed Bronco models.

This change is officially presented as ā€œNavigation Removalā€ and has been assigned the 59D order code, though itā€™s required, which means that factory navigation has effectively been removed from the 2022 Ford Bronco lineup altogether. However, based on how Ford has made this particular change, itā€™s likely that itā€™s only temporary as a result of the chip shortage.
Sponsored

NevadaDesertExploration

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not really a negative, factory navigations are almost universally worse than companies dedicated to the field.

I'll take $500 off of MSRP though, thank you very much.
The areas I go itā€™s nice not to have cellular based navigation!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really a negative, factory navigations are almost universally worse than companies dedicated to the field.

I'll take $500 off of MSRP though, thank you very much.
I just want the delete option to get rid of the entire infotainment screen. Iā€™d rather just have an AM/FM radio and leave $1000+ worth of electronics at the factory and subtract it from the build cost.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just want the delete option to get rid of the entire infotainment screen. Iā€™d rather just have an AM/FM radio and leave $1000+ worth of electronics at the factory and subtract it from the build cost.
You have to recognize you'd also be losing a sensitive and resource-intense component that you could rage-quit punch when something goes wrong.

I'd hate to lose out on that opportunity.

Sponsored

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this just the built in nav, or the subscription based also? No maps at all, or just no navā€¦not very clear.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no (previously promised) trail maps? ā€¦ā€¦..I like the navigation system and the breadcrumbs feature. At least onX is car play capable now.
How well does onX really work without cell service? I know it's supposed to use your phone gps, but I've never been that far off grid to have to trust it.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The built in navigation, not the subscription, would be nice whenever I am camping in the mountains without cell service and need to find my way home. But you know paying more money for less features works too I guess

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to recognize you'd also be losing a sensitive and resource-intense component that you could rage-quit punch when something goes wrong.

I'd hate to lose out on that opportunity.

Damnā€¦yeah I didnā€™t think of that šŸ¤£

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really, I don't care about "navigation", rarely use it. But I do use "mapping" to see where I'm at and what my options are in an area, even offroad. I have never gotten a good feel for what the, now to be cancelled, system actually provided if it was "off the grid". Does it store maps in it (like every navigation system since the 90s)? Or is it only on-line, i.e. live updating? Can you download areas for off-line operation?

Not so sure I want to spend the $ for a 12" screen to display album art.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.