Sponsored

Any defects on your new ride?

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I picked up my 2024 TRD Sport 4x4 this past week. Bronze oxide., After getting it home I noticed that it was missing a plastic piece on the roof where an optional roof rack would attach. There are 4 pieces up there that cover the mounting holes. Two on the pass and two on the drivers side. Mine is missing the one over the driver door. Also their is a gap difference in the tailgate. Drivers side has a one centimeter gap and the pass side has a 1/2 centimeter gap. Like the tailgate is not centered on the truck. It opens and closed fine, though. Just irritating on a $46,000 vehicle.
Sponsored

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
Yea my tailgate is the same way. One side I could fit my finger while the other side was flush. I tried to shimmy it but it wouldn't budge. 600 miles later and I've used it plenty, it kinda balance itself out.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
The only thing I noticed on mine is a rubber trim piece on the drivers door frame is cut a couple fractions of an inch short. I checked my bed and don’t have any uneven gaps in the tailgate like I’ve seen mentioned. Other than that I haven’t noticed anything. Absolutely love my new trd sport.

OP
OP

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea my tailgate is the same way. One side I could fit my finger while the other side was flush. I tried to shimmy it but it wouldn't budge. 600 miles later and I've used it plenty, it kinda balance itself out.
Nice to know. Maybe I should just open and close it several times a day and see if that changes anything.

Timster

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
TRD Offroad in Bronze Oxide. Picked up 2 days ago. Had a couple of scuffs on the passenger side fender flare. Dealer was unsuccessful in cleaning it up, so will.replace flare. Pretty minor. Obviously damaged in transit.

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
My TRD Sport 4x4 in Underground had swirl marks in the paint when it was delivered. Dealer says they didn’t touch it. Apparently came off the delivery truck like that. I’ve seen others say they received theirs with swirl marks, too — including someone who had the blue.
There is also a little wonkiness with the app, but I’m figuring out how to work around it.

Goombah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Can you share pics of those missing pieces on the roof, and what they should look like? I have a feeling something is missing on my roof - I can see the edge of the sheet metal in two spots on my TRD Sport - bronze oxide.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
My tailgate didnt close properly after I got home. Would say that it was open shutting off the park assist mode. Dealer took it in and serviced, said that it was loosely mounted and they tightened and aligned and it has worked fine since. Loving the truck so far

OP
OP

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you share pics of those missing pieces on the roof, and what they should look like? I have a feeling something is missing on my roof - I can see the edge of the sheet metal in two spots on my TRD Sport - bronze oxide.
Here are the pics with the part missing and what it is supposed to look like. The plastic piece clips in and is actually covering an adhesive strip that covers the roof rack holes for mounting.

missing.jpg

intact.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
My tailgate has the same wider gap on driver vs. passenger side. It looks a bit like that is just the design of it vs. the fitment idk. Minor like discoloration on my driver plastic fender cover but I have no way of knowing if that was there at delivery or not. Have no idea what would cause it maybe some kind of protectant or sealant or just inherent in the fender piece. Paint, minor swirls I suspect from initial wash after dealer got it off the truck. Nothing some wax or light buffing will fix.

The tires were massively overinflated like one was almost 50psi. The others were in the mid-upper 40's.

I have a separate thread in the issues section but my hvac whistles when top vents are selected. Drives me nuts and Toyota corporate is involved now. No idea what will come of that. Dealer said they couldn't hear it even though I demonstrated it. Also the fix looks like it is ripping the whole dash out and they won't guarantee it would even fix it.

Goombah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Thanks for the pics, that helps. Thankfully, I don’t have any missing ones.
Sponsored