Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the fit is good. He says in the video the factory washout floor “is garbage” but lists no actual complaints. I wonder what issues there are with it and how this product is superior to the factory vinyl flooring.

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 4dr WT, 18 JLU Wrangler, 18 JKU Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We love Ken, as a shop owner he really emphasized having a shop do this install.

I did the test installs and would say if you can lift the front seats out, it’s as easy or easier than a Wrangler JLU install.

Having some experience removing interior trim would be a plus, but if you follow instructions and don’t force it together without checking the alignment of the clips, you will be fine.

If any of that deters you, All Pro in Michigan or one of our many other dealers would surely get you setup.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We love Ken, as a shop owner he really emphasized having a shop do this install.

I did the test installs and would say if you can lift the front seats out, it’s as easy or easier than a Wrangler JLU install.

Having some experience removing interior trim would be a plus, but if you follow instructions and don’t force it together without checking the alignment of the clips, you will be fine.

If any of that deters you, All Pro in Michigan or one of our many other dealers would surely get you setup.
Unfortunately you don't have installers in the Pacific Northwest so some of us would have little option but to attempt ourselves.

Sponsored

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like the fit is good. He says in the video the factory washout floor “is garbage” but lists no actual complaints. I wonder what issues there are with it and how this product is superior to the factory vinyl flooring.
It probably blocks more road noise and heat than the stock washout floor. I'd probably get it if I had carpet. Didn't know I was getting the washout floors when I ordered my big bend so that was a nice surprise.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the factory vinyl flooring and I have zero complains. He just saying that to sell a product. Only problem I see with this product is if water so happens to get under the flooring, the backing material will hold moisture.

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the factory vinyl flooring and I have zero complains. He just saying that to sell a product. Only problem I see with this product is if water so happens to get under the flooring, the backing material will hold moisture.
Not 100% sure but I think the factory washout floor also has some type of fiber backing material as well.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not 100% sure but I think the factory washout floor also has some type of fiber backing material as well.
At the 9min mark shows what's under the factory flooring.

Bmurraybronco

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope those plugs clip in tight. I’ve hit mud puddles around 30mph and it will pop the factory plug on the passenger side out and shoot mud into the cabin haha. The factory ones even twist and lock.

Sponsored

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At the 9min mark shows what's under the factory flooring.
The insulation we use on Armorlite floors is a polyester fiber, not a cotton. Poly fiber does not absorb moisture like a natural fiber. It is just plastic. The stock floors are foam.

The difference is ours allows better flow to the passive drains, these are separate from the exposed drain plugs on the floors "A" surface, the passive drains are located throughout the sheet metal floor (all models) and are a one way passage for water to escape. With the OEM foam and film pressed against the sheet metal there is less breathing or ability for water to travel down to these.
We chose this carefully during the construction of our floor and feel it is a better option.
Ford Bronco Armorlite Flooring for the Bronco - installed video IMG_2636.JPEG

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope those plugs clip in tight. I’ve hit mud puddles around 30mph and it will pop the factory plug on the passenger side out and shoot mud into the cabin haha. The factory ones even twist and lock.
Our plug will stay in place for this scenario, The plug snaps into the metal floor easy but is surprisingly difficult to remove, and the lid if close properly should stay closed even during submersion.
I have extensively tested our Wrangler plugs and although I haven't had as much field testing with the Bronco plug we feel this is an improvement.

Plus the last plug I installed, I gave it a tug and said "that ain't going nowhere", so you have that.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base

I’ve been eyeing the vinyl OEM Ford Floor replacement. Is there a 6G forum promo code by any chance?

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right now the presale is no code required 10% off.

I know I am selling you an alternative, but I reviewed the washout floor to see if we had a business case to compete against the factory option. Mind you we are owned by Auria Solutions, we make oem floors as 99% of our business, we don't have this specific model but we do a lot of Ford passenger and commercial work, always at their guidelines and price point. Aftermarket division, we can do whatever we want and not worry about a super low piece price dictating the quality or performance.
The factory floor is lighter duty to what we offer in Armorlite, I didn't like the white waxy residue that was creeping out in low traffic sections, I have seen some floors cut and tear and handling it can see why. That and the plugs seemed to have some problems. All of this and a list other minor issues, we found enough room for improvement to invest in very expensive tools and compete.
Sponsored