Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, still about a month to wait for the Bronco but the boy and I decided to hit the mountain! Headed up to Cheam mountain on a fun dusty rip .. I seem to remember parts of this being trickier with the stock Ranger. But the 2.5" level and the 33's made short work of all of it. Made the trip way faster too. Did it in about half the time of the three hrs it took us when the Ranger was stock last summer. Going to be cake for the Bronco . But there's also some new steep fire roads that were cut in to go exploring next time. Anyhow, here are some pics! I was almost able to get the Ranger on three wheels once lol
Also, my fifth wheel and tire came in today as well. So I have the matching set of 5 now!! Bring on the Badlands!
Ford Bronco Bronco Practice today with the Boy! PSX_20210703_190907

Ford Bronco Bronco Practice today with the Boy! PSX_20210703_190518
Ford Bronco Bronco Practice today with the Boy! PSX_20210703_190618
Ford Bronco Bronco Practice today with the Boy! PSX_20210703_190435

Ford Bronco Bronco Practice today with the Boy! PSX_20210703_190957

Ford Bronco Bronco Practice today with the Boy! PSX_20210703_190753
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great area. Haven’t had a chance to head up there in my Trailhawk, but hopefully when I get my Bronco I will go check it out!

Steveo21

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beautiful British Columbia!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a mean looking Ranger!
It's simply a 2.5" level and 33's with a zero offset wheel on the cheapest ranger I could get lol. The crew cab XLT 4x4. Imagine what I'll do to the Bronco lol

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
AWESOME !! / Thanks for sharing !!
HOW TO GET TO MOUNT CHEAM
ESTIMATED DRIVING TIME FROM VANCOUVER
2 HOURS 45 MINUTES

Note: The forestry service road to Mount Cheam has been deactivated for several years, and therefore to reach the trailhead requires a 4-wheel drive truck. A car will not make it through the numerous washed-out sections, creeks to drive across, large ditches, and big rocks along the 15km rugged road. Be prepared and use an appropriate off-road vehicle.

The access point to Mount Cheam is located along the highway to Chilliwack Lake. From Vancouver, take Highway #1 (Trans Canada Highway) east for about 90km to Exit #119 Sardis. Turn right and follow Vedder Road southbound until you reach a 3-way intersection at Chilliwack Lake Road. Turn left and zero your odometer. At 28km, turn left onto the Foley Creek Forestry Service Road and drive for 2km. After crossing the bridge, turn left at the junction and drive another 2km and then turn right onto the Chipmunk Creek Forest Service Road. There will be a gravel pit at this location. From this location, continue on the narrow road as it becomes very rough and follow it for about 8km to the end parking area. There are several turnoffs along the route, however stay along the most obvious road and it will take you to the trailhead.

View a map of Driving directions to Mount Cheam. Note: These driving directions only show how to get access to the Forestry Service Road. Read the above instructions on getting to the trailhead.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AWESOME !! / Thanks for sharing !!
HOW TO GET TO MOUNT CHEAM
ESTIMATED DRIVING TIME FROM VANCOUVER
2 HOURS 45 MINUTES

Note: The forestry service road to Mount Cheam has been deactivated for several years, and therefore to reach the trailhead requires a 4-wheel drive truck. A car will not make it through the numerous washed-out sections, creeks to drive across, large ditches, and big rocks along the 15km rugged road. Be prepared and use an appropriate off-road vehicle.

The access point to Mount Cheam is located along the highway to Chilliwack Lake. From Vancouver, take Highway #1 (Trans Canada Highway) east for about 90km to Exit #119 Sardis. Turn right and follow Vedder Road southbound until you reach a 3-way intersection at Chilliwack Lake Road. Turn left and zero your odometer. At 28km, turn left onto the Foley Creek Forestry Service Road and drive for 2km. After crossing the bridge, turn left at the junction and drive another 2km and then turn right onto the Chipmunk Creek Forest Service Road. There will be a gravel pit at this location. From this location, continue on the narrow road as it becomes very rough and follow it for about 8km to the end parking area. There are several turnoffs along the route, however stay along the most obvious road and it will take you to the trailhead.

View a map of Driving directions to Mount Cheam. Note: These driving directions only show how to get access to the Forestry Service Road. Read the above instructions on getting to the trailhead.
I remember a few months back going up to Stave Lake and passing by some person in a random car attempting to make it up there. Also a random Audi Q5 or something... just shook my head and continued on.

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I remember a few months back going up to Stave Lake and passing by some person in a random car attempting to make it up there. Also a random Audi Q5 or something... just shook my head and continued on.
Yep . . . . those would be 4X4 . . . . "wanna-bees !!"

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was such a good share @SnowBronco . Know your son enjoyed spending time with dad and nature. The pics are just great. Brings back fond memories of wheeling and camping in the woods with dad and/or grandad.

Never wanted those trips to end. The way my dad talks, looked, things he did and how he did them, I just wanted to mimic every detail.

Your son views you in the same light and he'll look fondly back on these moments, as the impacts are immeasurable.

Good times! :)

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, still about a month to wait for the Bronco but the boy and I decided to hit the mountain! Headed up to Cheam mountain on a fun dusty rip .. I seem to remember parts of this being trickier with the stock Ranger. But the 2.5" level and the 33's made short work of all of it. Made the trip way faster too. Did it in about half the time of the three hrs it took us when the Ranger was stock last summer. Going to be cake for the Bronco . But there's also some new steep fire roads that were cut in to go exploring next time. Anyhow, here are some pics! I was almost able to get the Ranger on three wheels once lol
Also, my fifth wheel and tire came in today as well. So I have the matching set of 5 now!! Bring on the Badlands!

Trucks come and go, sons are forever, enjoy the time together! Absolutely beautiful scenery.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went up there quite a ways in the evening last spring to have a fire, was coming back down probably after 11pm and somebody in an Audi was going down the road at like 5kph. Why he decided to go up there in the first place is beyond me, plus he was a good 15-20km in

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great job Dad. Your son is going to remember trips like that and your guys Bronco forever.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job Dad. Your son is going to remember trips like that and your guys Bronco forever.
He was already asking if he could have the bronco in 10years..🤣🤷.
Sponsored