Sponsored

DixieBlueRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco Roadster, 1966 Bronco Pickup, 1966 Bronco Wagon, 1981 Bronco, 1987 Bronco, 1989 Bronco, 2008 Sport Trac
Hoosier,
The orange renderings are mine. I started with the idea that Ford was never going to build another Bronco, so I thought I might have to either build a replica of the 2004 concept or come up with something new. So I took the average dimensions of each of the Bronco generations and the 2004 concept and combined them using the parts from the 2015 F150. The reason I haven't shown any pictures besides the stack up of images is because the proportions don't look right in a straight side view. I haven't played with these images in over a year, but here is where I left them last (Normally wouldn't show unfinished work, but I enjoy others opinions about pros and cons).

ford_bronco_2004_pictures_1.jpg

ford-bronco-concept-07.jpg

ford-bronco-concept-sj.jpg

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hoosier,
The orange renderings are mine. I started with the idea that Ford was never going to build another Bronco, so I thought I might have to either build a replica of the 2004 concept or come up with something new. So I took the average dimensions of each of the Bronco generations and the 2004 concept and combined them using the parts from the 2015 F150. The reason I haven't shown any pictures besides the stack up of images is because the proportions don't look right in a straight side view. I haven't played with these images in over a year, but here is where I left them last (Normally wouldn't show unfinished work, but I enjoy others opinions about pros and cons).
Great job on these! The upright greenhouse just look right on the Bronco, and the one big thing missing from the Bronco6G renderings. And just like the Bronco6G renderings the squared wheel fenders also look better and tougher than the rounded ones.

Do you plan on updating these any further now that we have news of the car coming?

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good job Dixie and I agree it's time for an update. I'd start off by losing the top borrowed from the 2004 concept. Just my .02c

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dixie, thanks so much for posting those.
I see what you mean with the proportions, but I think you were off to a great start.
I really like them and see the potential and where you were probably going. The over all lines look great.
I too prefer the squared off wheel openings.
As much as I like the classic grills, I really like what you did with wrap arounds on this one, and of course the complimenting tails lights too.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like the 6g versions kept the classic grill and fudged with the body lines a bit more, whereas your version seems to have more of the classic body lines with modern treatments on the lighting front and rear.

rockhound69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 bronco
the new concept does have a retro look that i do like. kinda like wat they did with the mustang. the front from the 60s the rest from the 70s but the one thing that did not do is the ability to removable top which the should also add to the design. they say they wanna compete with the jeep which the jeep had a removable top and it help to make sale for those who also like the freedom it gave them. all the bronco did the same. so it should have a removable top.

Candy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150, 2013 Lincoln MKX
I had a First Generation and an 1986. I'm so glad to see Ford possibly going to make them again. These were so much fun, durable and very easy handling. The Edge ect are nice but they are not the Bronco. Like the new concept can not wait til I can get my hands on a new one. Thank for having this forum !!

Krazylegswp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81,85,89,91,95 fseries 88 ranger
i am really impressed by these renderings, both the regular and raptor versions. Being a child of the 90s however, i do have some concerns though.. from 78 to 96 the bronco shared the same front end and interior styling as the f series trucks, making aftermarket development and styling convenient and cheaper along with the bronco II and the ranger. That being said, i do like the retro look, reminiscent of the older style trucks namely 80-86 being my favorite, i can see it in the front grill and fenders and would love to see the f series follow the retro trend and match what you have done with these renderings. by making the bronco match the truck line ford would even save on production costs.

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like these are right hand drive Bronco's. Just now noticed the guy sitting inside of the Bronco! Looks like he has his hands on the steering wheel on the passenger side of the Bronco..

Sponsored

Mckenzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Volkswagen jetta
This looks great. Love both grills. Love the body lines sharp looking vehicle

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
New member here. I've never owned a Bronco but I have owned quite a few Fords.

I really like the 6G concept drawings. I think the original small Bronco design was/is brilliant and I really hope some flavor of that front end is preserved in a new design. I understand there have to be some concessions to aero and CAFE, but if Ford makes a new Bronco that has some of that original styling I am going to have to buy one. So many modern SUVs are just too car like and I love the hard edges in the 6G concept as well.

I do agree with others that it would be a bonus if the top could come off.

74 BRONCO

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco,2002 F250 Super duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even though these renderings are most awesome I still agree that its not a Bronco unless the top comes off and the wheel base is short. My 74 Bronco ( Pumpkin ) has gone places beyond Cool with no problems. I am usually the one pulling people out of the snow from jeeps to full size 4x4's. Pumpkin is a work horse....shhhh she might here us talking. I will always hold on to my 74 but will be first in line to get this 2020 Bronco. REMEMBER !! JEEPS are cool!!!.....Barbie has one.

Tim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco & 1974 F250 4x4
As an owner of three cassic Bronco's I'll have to say that your concept reminds me of the Bronco II that most Bronco enthusiasts were never very enthusiastic about. Most consider the Bronco II a flop. I think the new Bronco should be based closer to the 2004 Bronco concept vehicle. What if we had a removable rear top section like the 1978-1996 Bronco had? What Ford needs to do is base the Bronco on the F150 running gear, narrow the axles a bit and give us a body based on the 2004 concept vehicle. And all the creature comforts that the public demands. Just my opinion.
Sponsored