Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Peteduce
Hi folks, I'm hoping to sell my oem rock rails locally before I post them to the for sale section, and also share my experience. I recently swapped to some rhino steps/sliders, it rode on some rocks works just fine and definitely saved the bottom of my doors from some rocks. Also, for those who's on the fence on badlands because of sway bar disconnect. Just do it. Unless the manual disconnect has a better articulation, it will save you the hassle of reaching under a muddy tires. I bit the bullet on ACfab endlinks for my BD which is a bit pricey for the quality, but it gets the job done. I say this because I had to re-drill both brackets that connects to the LCA, which are not even round to begin with. It doesn't even look like a drill press was used and the paint was chipped, but everything else looks fine. It's my second time in this trail and first time with sways disconnected, I love it. I wasn't three wheeling and sliding everywhere like before, and when I do slide it's usually the rear fish tailing on uphills. When that happens I just switch the front lockers on and saves it. This brings me to the next topic, tires. These wrangler tires doesn't grip too well on smooth rocks, especially when it gets wet, it tends to keeps a lot of mud in the grooves. Finally, the rear link mount in the frame keeps on getting caught. I had to get winched out after a river crossing because it was stuck in the boulder, then tires wont bite, even with recovery boards. Overall, it's always a good time with the bronco. Buy my rock rails! 150!

Show full message

Attachments

Mdemieville
Mdemieville
My badlands isn't sasquash and I find I have hit my rear lower control arm mounts in the front. Can't wait to get my lift and tires. Where was the video taken at? Looks like a fun trail. Good luck with the sale of your sliders. I'm sure someone will grab them up for that price
Reactions: Peteduce
Peteduce
Peteduce
@Mdemieville Thanks! This is at sour grass trail. I took the same lines as my buddies modded rubicons. It was cake work for them. So yeah, lift and tires are a must if you like to do some crawling. I don't mind being winched out at the moment, because I enjoy the challenge and still learning to wheel. Also, I don't have funds for the set I want haha.
omg_bbq
omg_bbq
Wish I could have gone on Sunday and gotten winched out haha. Thanks for testing out the ACfab endlinks, bummer you had to make some modifications. Would you recommend looking elsewhere for endlinks?
Reactions: Peteduce
View previous replies…
omg_bbq
omg_bbq
Glad you got them taken care of. Did you get any sliders yet or just the new rock rails? Are you airing down now on sour grass? @Peteduce
Peteduce
Peteduce
@omg_bbq i just got some rhino dss body mounted rock step/slides just for when the kiddos ride with me. I had the bronco resting on it on the trail. No issues. I wouldn't use it for jacking point though. Yeah air down is a must, the rocks are dusty so you'll want to have as much contact. We'll go corral hollow for a camp soon. Come through.
omg_bbq
omg_bbq
@Peteduce absolutely! Glad to hear you’re getting after it
MJBbase22
MJBbase22
Awesome thanks for sharing.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)