Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The amber version in action. 😳
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco 9FC7FE3F-A2CB-4C0A-A900-0B05E5E2A943

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco 98D28248-385F-4C21-AC04-3890765796BB

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco 369164FD-043F-45D7-A10D-AEB88BC0CA6B

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my amber version of Oculus installed last night and I thought I would give my first impressions. This is not intended to be an in-depth review.
Aesthetics: I think Oracle hit it out of the park with the design and execution of the headlights. The thing I never liked about the Signature lights is that I thought all that molded plastic took away from the clean lines that define the 6G Bronco. The Oculus looks like a minimalistic interpretation of a headlight. It is a big, round transparent piece whose edge is hardly discernible. I love the defined separation between the headlight and the turn signal. I also like the larger side marker. I just think it compliments the design of the Bronco instead of trying to add to it.
Functionality: Right off the top I believe the light quality is better on the Oculus (low beam). It is brighter and fills the ‘light box’ better. That said, I have never had this type of headlight and I admit it is different. I have had modern late-model cars with LED headlights but never one that had such a sharp cut-off line. It really is a ‘light box’. Once you are outside that defined box - NO LIGHT FOR YOU! It will take getting used to. I also was/am concerned about blinding on-coming drivers when I hit a bump in the road and cause the headlights to shine up in the field of vision - the light seems that bright. High beams: This is where I thought the OEM lights were a bit better. The Oculus just seems to throw some extra light above the ‘light box’ but it doesn’t seem to illuminate the road as well as the OEM high beams. Lastly, unless someone can confirm differently I do t think the Oculus works with the auto-high beam function on the Bronco. In the little bit of driving I did last night it did not function.
here are some pictures. I Absolutely love the look.
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco AAD1E0C4-A59B-4DBD-B6CC-41BBD4D3DE71
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco 2A7F37A6-5965-4B2E-8001-046251D656EB
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco 8B2F6EEA-1D25-4554-9E04-FD0966B1B3D5

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lastly, unless someone can confirm differently I do t think the Oculus works with the auto-high beam function on the Bronco. In the little bit of driving I did last night it did not function.
This last bit is concerning. I was under impression that auto-high beam still functioned exactly the same. I have a set on the way to replace a damaged OEM headlamp and now I’m concerned that I made a bad decision.

@ORACLE Lighting can you confirm?

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This last bit is concerning. I was under impression that auto-high beam still functioned exactly the same. I have a set on the way to replace a damaged OEM headlamp and now I’m concerned that I made a bad decision.

@ORACLE Lighting can you confirm?
It is a bummer if they don’t work. The OEM auto high beam worked perfectly. It was one of the features that did exactly what it was supposed to do.
that said, the Oculus headlight look so so good in person. I would not go back to the OEM signature lights.

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our high beam triggering is LIN compatible and should work no differently than the factory system since it is based off the same LIN (CAN-BUS) protocol. There are numerous parameters and constraints that need to be present for the auto high beam to turn on such as ambient lumens (streetlights not present, no other cars on the road, etc) for the system to function safely.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our high beam triggering is LIN compatible and should work no differently than the factory system since it is based off the same LIN (CAN-BUS) protocol. There are numerous parameters and constraints that need to be present for the auto high beam to turn on such as ambient lumens (streetlights not present, no other cars on the road, etc) for the system to function safely.
@Oracle - thanks for the reply. I still have not driven it much at night but I will report back when I have.

OracleLights

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco Product Feature With Text_Bronculus

NOW IN STOCK!

Featuring a unique modular design, easy plug-and-play installation, and advanced LED projection with 5,200 Lumens of high-quality illumination for enhanced driver visibility in all weather conditions. The Oculus headlight is compatible with both the standard and signature Bronco lighting models.

LEARN MORE & SHOP NOW!

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since @ORACLE Lighting and @OracleLights are sharing this on IG, I might as well share here. Photo credit: @photographybymarkbrooks (instagram) and my IG page: @cysquatch_2022

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco IMG_2015
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Lighting Oculus™ Bi-LED Headlights for 2021+ Ford Bronco IMG_2001

These are a huge upgrade to the base headlamps.

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

xiLLeNtz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dumb question: I noticed that on my amber lights, the rings don’t flash when the turn signal is on… is that exclusive to the switchback option?

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dumb question: I noticed that on my amber lights, the rings don’t flash when the turn signal is on… is that exclusive to the switchback option?
Correct, the rings only flash on the switchback models. The rectangular blinkers flash on the non-switchback models.