Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The four door was a business decision. Never going to win a style contest. Especially the rag top. Under sized wheels don’t help.
Best bet is the coveted two door Sasquatch.
Hands down.
Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
I got a 4 door for the extra room for passengers though nobody ever goes anywhere with me!!!

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 Door. For me the stubby, boxy proportion just look right to me.

Also I like my car to be different than the majority. Even just so slightly.
I think 2 door is a little rarer than 4 door on the road.
In CT I haven't yet seen a 2 door, but many 4 door non sasquatch.

Resale I'm guessing 4 door is better. I have to admit 2 door is kind of niche.
4 door is much practical. When it is fully modded, it looks alright.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’ll both have close to the same resale value. However, 4 door will be easier to sell

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door

much more shoulder room
Looks better
Cheaper to buy and tint and ppf

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 door.

My wife said we cant just leave the toddlers at home.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 door

much more shoulder room
Looks better
Cheaper to buy and tint and ppf
Curious as your numbers on shoulder room, as both 2 & 4 door have same front shoulder room and the 4 door has almost 5 inches more in the rear...

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a kid, we always had 2 door vehicles {I'm old too}. When it comes to a vehicle like the Bronco, chances are, we'll be in it alone, or with one other person when we drive it.

When you've got a family, you're basicly grounded for 18+ years. I didn't have many fun vehicles during my married with children years. A 2011 Dodge Durango Hemi was probably the funnest, but mostly we had boring, front wheel drive station wagons or vehicles of practicality (hatch backs, sedans, and trucks included).

Now that I'm flying solo again {you're NEVER really finished being a parent }, I want my fun vehicle again. Normally that means "manual transmission, biggest motor they make, 2 doors, and the least amount of extras I can find". Unfortunately, as time moves on, people become pansys, get soft, lazy, and don't appreciate the visceral experience of combining with your vehicle to enjoy the "feel" of what it is doing for you.

I spent my life climbing into the back seat of my parent's 2 door vehicles, I learned how to do it efficiently, and when my sister came along, it was my job to get her buckled into her seat when she was a baby. To this day, the sound of that seat flopping forward so I could climb in, is a precious memory.

When I got old enough to ride up front, the pull of that big 70s car door as I strained to drag it shut was a right of passage. When I was old enough to learn how to drive, it was the interpersonal feeling of that clutch pedal under my left foot thet opened my eyes to just how connected you can be with a piece of machinery.

So, yes, I'm a huge fan of the 2 door manual transmission base model Bronco. I look at the 4 door, automatic, Bronco like I look at the Bronco Sport. There's plenty of family vehicles out there, don't ruin the best thing Ford has put out in decades by making it an automatic 4 door family vehicle like all the others.

P.S. FORD! Let us order our vehicles how we want them, stop pushing "Packages" on us.. I want the Godzilla motor {7.3L pushrod gasoline V8 for those not in the know}, 6 speed manual (+R & C) and the option to select the differential gears I want! Whoop! Send it boys! 🤓
Wow, way to resurrect an old thread!

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious as your numbers on shoulder room, as both 2 & 4 door have same front shoulder room and the 4 door has almost 5 inches more in the rear...
The b pillar is further back in the 2 door so in a 4 door your shoulder is against the pillar, but the 2 door is closest to glass or nothing. Your mileage may vary…

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, while in practice, there is."

These are things that taller people notice. Tall people put seats back, more likely to hit elbow or shoulder on the B pillar. 2-door has longer doors, less likely for this to happen. Same reason I prefer a 2-door in *any* vehicle, not just the Bronco. Measurements don't take this into account, they just measure pillar to pillar, or window to window, not sure. Without taking into account that the position of the person driving is not fixed.

67comet

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apileofcode.com
Vehicle(s)
"05 Crown Vic LX, "73 F250, "67 Mercury Comet 202
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 Door. For me the stubby, boxy proportion just look right to me.

Also I like my car to be different than the majority. Even just so slightly.
I think 2 door is a little rarer than 4 door on the road.
In CT I haven't yet seen a 2 door, but many 4 door non sasquatch.
Great point, "Different". The 4 Door Broncos just don't "look or feel" like a Bronco. They're the Bronco Sport of the Bronco lineup in my book. The "I wanna be a Jeep Rubicon" of the Bronco lineup. The 2 door is, a Ford Bronco.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like both - I've done the two door coupe thing, it's great but I like the extra bit of utility a 4 door gives me.

I'm buying a 4 door Bronco with the intent of driving friends, family, and gear around. I'd much rather have two rear doors to access the back versus leaning over a seat.

I don't really care much for the marginal fuel mileage, performance/handling, or resale value. I drive cars for a fairly long time (10+ years) so it'll be a moot point by then.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enthusiast vehicles hold value better.

Best will be 2-Door with a stick shift as a percentage loss.

Jeeps and Mustangs: MT costs less, and demand higher values on the used market.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, while in practice, there is."

These are things that taller people notice. Tall people put seats back, more likely to hit elbow or shoulder on the B pillar. 2-door has longer doors, less likely for this to happen. Same reason I prefer a 2-door in *any* vehicle, not just the Bronco. Measurements don't take this into account, they just measure pillar to pillar, or window to window, not sure. Without taking into account that the position of the person driving is not fixed.
Yup. I’m 6’1” with shorter legs and wider shoulders. If you don’t have reason to care too much about the back 2 doors are always a better experience for the driver.
Sponsored