Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this on ADVrider and thought it might make a great way to carry tools in my Bronco. I have used small tool rolls in my motorcycles in the past. Anyone tried one of these?

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm all about tool rools. But I want some security. I wish they made some of those saddle bags that go on the sports bars in a hard material that i could mount.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm all about tool rools. But I want some security. I wish they made some of those saddle bags that go on the sports bars in a hard material that i could mount.
That’s what Molle is for..
Ford Bronco Interesting tool "box" solution 1619103567993

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I switched over to tool rolls for my wheeling a couple years ago. They're great for keeping trail tools organized and mobile at the same time.

I'm hoping for something like this for the Bronco.

Also, I'll throw a shout out to Adventure Tool Company, Colorado based and US made tool rolls. They're fantastic.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following, some good ideas flowing here.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I meant security against theft, not bouncy around
Keep the good tools at home and just carry what “works” for the road....if you’re just gonna keep it locked anyways, no need to get fancy ones on the road...no one will see it 🤷‍♂️

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I switched over to tool rolls for my wheeling a couple years ago. They're great for keeping trail tools organized and mobile at the same time.

Also, I'll throw a shout out to Adventure Tool Company, Colorado based and US made tool rolls. They're fantastic.
thanks, they look strong.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep the good tools at home and just carry what “works” for the road....if you’re just gonna keep it locked anyways, no need to get fancy ones on the road...no one will see it 🤷‍♂️
You don't need fancy tools on the trail but you do need tools that won't fail you. Nothing worse than a ratchet giving out on you while trying to get your truck rolling again in the middle of nowhere. Reliable tools aren't cheap so locking them up isn't a bad idea.

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm going with the molle gate system, but have one of these to tote the tools to where I need them as well.

Ford Bronco Interesting tool "box" solution bronco ba

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't need fancy tools on the trail but you do need tools that won't fail you. Nothing worse than a ratchet giving out on you while trying to get your truck rolling again in the middle of nowhere. Reliable tools aren't cheap so locking them up isn't a bad idea.
I definitely get it, but there’s good reliable brands out there that you can carry on your rig without having to worry about losing big bucks if it’s gets stolen....just carry the essentials and you won’t have to worry about losing $$. Think about the tools you get from the factory....for the most part, that really all you need. Anything beyond that Home Depot or Lowe’s brand will suffice.....

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I definitely get it, but there’s good reliable brands out there that you can carry on your rig without having to worry about losing big bucks if it’s gets stolen....just carry the essentials and you won’t have to worry about losing $$. Think about the tools you get from the factory....for the most part, that really all you need. Anything beyond that Home Depot or Lowe’s brand will suffice.....
The factory tools are not going to get a CV shaft changed for you, or crack open the differential if you blow your gears. Both of those things have happened to me on the trail. For the most part, you're correct. My box wrenches, sockets, pliers, and such are all hardware store brands. But all together, they're still a couple hundred dollars of tools.

That's before counting the ratchets, which I've had hardware store varieties literally fall apart in my hands so now I carry a set of Blue Points with me.

All of the above is in two easy to grab tool rolls (both of which are $100 by themselves). A thief just needs to reach into the back of the truck and there's $300+ of tools gone.

Plus, I've started carrying my Kobalt impact on wheeling trips as well. Even though it's a Lowes branded tool, it still cost $350.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if the swinggate table or that lock box interferes with 4 door storage...

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wonder if the swinggate table or that lock box interferes with 4 door storage...
I imagine the table won't. I don't think it sticks out past the tailgate "hump". No idea on the lockbox. It doesn't technically exist for the Bronco yet.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't carry near as many tools as I have in the past, just only so much to do on a modern vehicle. The three or four most common sizes in ratcheting box wrenches, same in sockets, ratchet, meter, multi tool, small collapsible saw, adjustable wrench, vise grips, hack saw, zip ties and duct tape along with wire strippers, connects and some fire starting equipment should fit in that small bag. it's mostly for others or repairing whatever I have along with me more than the vehicle itself it seems :)
Sponsored