Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I waited 32 weeks to get my Anderson “primed” hardtop and I can tell you that the hardtop I received is very poorly constructed, with uneven surface, holes, bumps , and other deformities. I was delivered to an auto body shop that worked on it for weeks, however could not get rid of the waves, holes and bumps. The owner contacted Anderson regarding the problems with the construction of the hardtop, and the response form Anderson was, none of the problems stated above are covered under their warranty. They told the body shop that they need to fill the holes, and sand it. Thy did fill in the uneven spots but there were just too many, and now after working weeks and it, it still looks like crap. You can see the waves from 100 feet away. All there are many many gaps between the weather strips, and you can clearly see the foam inside the hardtop form the sides. I am extremely disappointed with this hardtop as I spend close to 7k to buy it and another 2k to paint it and it still looks really bad. Other auto body shops have told me that fixing this is not possible because the surface has waves all over.
Sorry that really sucks. This is why I will probably be going turn. Not a huge fan of the one-piece targa but service and warranty can't be beat.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I waited 32 weeks to get my Anderson “primed” hardtop and I can tell you that the hardtop I received is very poorly constructed, with uneven surfaces , holes, bumps , and other deformities. It was delivered to an auto body shop that worked on it for weeks, however could not get rid of the waves, holes and bumps. The owner contacted Anderson regarding the problems with the construction of the hardtop, and the response form Anderson was, none of the problems stated above are covered under their warranty. They told the body shop that they need to fill the holes, and sand it. Thy did fill in the uneven spots but there were just too many, and now after working weeks and it, it still looks like crap. You can see the waves from 100 feet away. All there are many many gaps between the weather strips, and you can clearly see the foam inside the hardtop form the sides. I am extremely disappointed with this hardtop as I spend close to 7k to buy it and another 2k to paint it and it still looks really bad. Other auto body shops have told me that fixing this is not possible because the surface has waves all over.
Charge back or small claims court (Depending on your state laws).

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I waited 32 weeks to get my Anderson “primed” hardtop and I can tell you that the hardtop I received is very poorly constructed, with uneven surfaces , holes, bumps , and other deformities. It was delivered to an auto body shop that worked on it for weeks, however could not get rid of the waves, holes and bumps. The owner contacted Anderson regarding the problems with the construction of the hardtop, and the response form Anderson was, none of the problems stated above are covered under their warranty. They told the body shop that they need to fill the holes, and sand it. Thy did fill in the uneven spots but there were just too many, and now after working weeks and it, it still looks like crap. You can see the waves from 100 feet away. All there are many many gaps between the weather strips, and you can clearly see the foam inside the hardtop form the sides. I am extremely disappointed with this hardtop as I spend close to 7k to buy it and another 2k to paint it and it still looks really bad. Other auto body shops have told me that fixing this is not possible because the surface has waves all over.
Wow! Unbelievable! PLEASE share the photos, especially showing "waves from 100 feet away".

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waves and some other blemishes are a lot more visible to the naked eye, as when I take pic light reflection doesn’t really show many of the problems. Headliner is also coming a part, and the locking knob is not installed properly, on right front panel, as when moved to locking position, it removed the finish. Will post some more pictures soon

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waves and some other blemishes are a lot more visible to the naked eye, as when I take pic light reflection doesn’t really show many of the problems. Headliner is also coming a part, and the locking knob is not installed properly, on right front panel, as when moved to locking position, it removed the finish. Will post some more pictures soon
Email sent to Anderson by the body shop:

Attn: George

“We have been working on painting a top for a 2021 Bronco sold to xxxxx through xxxxx. These parts were supposed to be ready for paint. I understand what it takes to paint parts like these. As we have painted numerous hoods, fenders and tops for other customers. First thing is all weather stripping needs to be removed and all glue cleared. We sanded and tried to block the top parts, but there were too many imperfections in the material like, sanding and grinding spots, pits and small holes (not thru) and waviness. After sanding and sealing they still showed thru. We tried base coating and clearing thinking that maybe it will bury some of it, but had to sand and paint again with similar results. This top is not ready for paint. “

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Email sent to Anderson by the body shop:

Attn: George

“We have been working on painting a top for a 2021 Bronco sold to xxxxx through xxxxx. These parts were supposed to be ready for paint. I understand what it takes to paint parts like these. As we have painted numerous hoods, fenders and tops for other customers. First thing is all weather stripping needs to be removed and all glue cleared. We sanded and tried to block the top parts, but there were too many imperfections in the material like, sanding and grinding spots, pits and small holes (not thru) and waviness. After sanding and sealing they still showed thru. We tried base coating and clearing thinking that maybe it will bury some of it, but had to sand and paint again with similar results. This top is not ready for paint. “
From the pics is yours painted gloss black? If so it’s like mine and will unfortunately show the most imperfections

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the pics is yours painted gloss black? If so it’s like mine and will unfortunately show the most imperfections
Yes, the shadow black, but the imperfections are many.. and you don’t have to look really hard to see them, for example this one

IMG_0669.jpeg

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the shadow black, but the imperfections are many.. and you don’t have to look really hard to see them..
Ugh I am gutted for you dude!! 😫😫

I really thought it would be simple to paint when I bought it too. My shop ran into the same probs as yours.

Is the line-X type coating off the table for you?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would love to have that crate! I would cut the part out with the Bronco logo, frame it with the support planks and put it on the wall in my man cave, garage or some other such place.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ASlaugh

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to have that crate! I would cut the part out with the Bronco logo, frame it with the support planks and put it on the wall in my man cave, garage or some other such place.
I plan on making a ceiling mounted storage box for my top.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Received mine as well (last week). I'm going to take the crate apart, cut up and use for attic flooring. Whenever I get extra plywood that's what I typically do.

tempImage59jXbi.png

tempImagePN8wGv.png
Sponsored