First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For easy and inexpensive, hood struts are one of my favorite upgrades.
Yep, great place to start, Red Line tuning makes a great set that raises your hood an additional eight inches over the oem hood prop. Check out all the Mabett mods via Amazon like the two tiered console organizer, defroster vent inserts (to keep stuff from falling down into the dash), overhead grab rails or paracord handles, rear cargo mat (Ford OEM or others), shorty antenna to ditch the oem mast, etc. Congrats on you new Bronco, these things are addictivešŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are exactly all I want to mess with with forscan were they all in plain English or did you have to mess with the coding
the spreadsheet I used was based on the as built values so I didnā€™t use the plain English / ez mode.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Picked up my 2024 Badlands 2 days ago. Forscan didn't initially recognize it, but I contacted support and they sent me a test build that worked. Disabled double honk and auto start/stop, and enabled Sport mode.
I sent my VI?N for my 24 HE and received this response.........

Ford Bronco Essential Updates/Mods on my new 2024? 1707660891356

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1707660891356.png
the 2.3.59 test build is the one I received.

Ford Bronco Essential Updates/Mods on my new 2024? 1707660891356
I tried DM'ing you the test build they sent me but it was too big even after compressing it. The forscan FAQ has instructions for emailing debug files. If you send them those debug files and tell them the error message that forscan gave you, I hope they would give you a test build.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the spreadsheet I used was based on the as built values so I didnā€™t use the plain English / ez mode.
Ok hopefully theyā€™re in the plain English I donā€™t mess with that coding crap

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

the 2.3.59 test build is the one I received.

I tried DM'ing you the test build they sent me but it was too big even after compressing it. The forscan FAQ has instructions for emailing debug files. If you send them those debug files and tell them the error message that forscan gave you, I hope they would give you a test build.
Thank you for the try..........how big is the file, 35M?

My cable will be here today and I'll try that.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely explore all the other forums for interior/exterior mods that others have done for some ideas. It is just interesting to see what others do immediately to their new Bronco.
Didnā€™t see you say if you have Sasquatch or not? If you do have it, nothing serious needs to be done. You have a UTV for deep wood adventuring, so if the Bronco is going to be for some trail running like Hurricane Creek, or Auger Hole Road, that stock Badlands will eat all of that with ease if you take your time.

Since youā€™ve mentioned rails, Iā€™d get frame mounted rails with a minor bend to use as a step for the wife. Rock rails with a step should elevate the need for mud flaps; I think theyā€™re not attractive and yes I have rock chips and sratches, but to me scratches give character. I donā€™t want no pretty truck! :ROFLMAO:

First thing I did was install a fog array in my mod bumper and pods at the A pillar, all Baja Designs, or whatever your favorite is would be fine. They were pricey, but money well spent to get good lights and easy connection to the upfitter switches.

A good air compressor is a great idea. I donā€™t run even basic trials without airing down. I have an ARB twin installed under the hood and I use it often.

Many complain about these Goodyear tires and they arenā€™t great, but theyā€™ll wheel without issue.

If youā€™re into camping, Iā€™ve got another list, but if youā€™re not, Iā€™d keep it simple and just enjoy that new Bronco, itā€™s fun, has some personality and itā€™s an easy car to love If you actually use it.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, great place to start, Red Line tuning makes a great set that raises your hood an additional eight inches over the oem hood prop. Check out all the Mabett mods via Amazon like the two tiered console organizer, defroster vent inserts (to keep stuff from falling down into the dash), overhead grab rails or paracord handles, rear cargo mat (Ford OEM or others), shorty antenna to ditch the oem mast, etc. Congrats on you new Bronco, these things are addictivešŸ˜Ž
Iā€™m now thinking of hood struts. How hard were the Red Line to install?

A few of them seem to give fits including the ones from Ford Performance.

I have tools and am a bit handy, but it takes me forever to do simple things with my double checking and all.

Demon4x4

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suma performance mirrors. You canā€™t see crap out of the stock ones.

Reactions: meh

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 23 Badlands. One of my first purchases was paracord grab handles, mainly to help my wife until I decided on rock rails (with a step) to help her get in.

Next was rock rails. Donā€™t bother with normal steps or running boards. You want something that is also armor and protects your vehicle. There is a big debate between frame mounted and body mounted (default used by Ford on rock rails that come on Badlands).

Most believe frame mounts are stronger and I think that is a fair statement. If you lean that way be sure to look at install instructions or videos as methodologies vary and some are better than others. I researched this to no end. One of the videos I saw testing various sliders on a 4Runner showed one of the stronger sliders slightly bending the frame. This spawned a conversation I had with GOAT fab about their body mounted sliders. He said their testing showed when body was done properly they felt it was stronger as the frame gave before the sliders.

You can make your own decisions. One advantage to frame mounted is it sits a smidge lower than body mounted slider so using as a step may be easier. I preferred the tighter tuck of the body mount myself. Another thing to consider is the angle on most rock sliders are 20-30 degrees. While they can double function as steps, there is less space. Finding a 0-5 degree angle slider helps for stepping purposes. Also cover plates helps provide a more solid surface for stepping as well.

Lastly I am also consider a FP Procal tuner. Recently Superchips did a thread with dyno tests, etc. Stock vs FP. Stock vs SC. FP vs SC. And finally FP + SC vs stock. Interesting data IMO that may help you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pulsar-xt-vs-ford-procal-tuner-dyno-comparison.87456/

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Based on your use case, AND the fact that youā€™re driving a Badlands, Iā€™m gonna suggest you go big and get yourself some floor mats, a trunk liner, and some sliders / steps.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I have tools and am a bit handy, but it takes me forever to do simple things with my double checking and all.
Installation was straightforward and not hard at all. No drilling and instructions are fairly clear. Iā€™ve had the RLT hood struts on 4 of my vehicles over the years and never had an issue.
Good Luck, nice improvement over the antiquated prop rodā€¦

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed my RLT struts today. Canā€™t stress enough that removing the wire harness will make installation really go easier.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my RLT struts today. Canā€™t stress enough that removing the wire harness will make installation really go easier.
Remove the wire harness? Which one is that?

By remove do you mean move out of the way?

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs