Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M

Never noticed it until recently because I'm never around the truck when it's off but now that I'm camping frequently I noticed that periodically after the truck has been shut off, could be up to 45 minutes later the truck makes a sound which I could only describe it as sneezing.

Anyone experience this too? Or know what it may be. Nothing's concerning to me unless the truck stops moving but I'm quite curious as to what it could be.
Sponsored

dshargs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
I've noticed this too. Seems to be coming from the rear, like near the bed? For me more like a quick electronic noise. (I guess maybe a sneeze!?)

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
It sounds like a pressure relief of some sort to me, I think a sneeze is a perfect description. I get it twice, usually within 5 to 30 minutes of turning the truck off. I looked it up briefly when I was initially concerned, and I think the tundra does this as well- it's part of the emissions system checks as far as I know.

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Relieved to hear it's not just me lol. I assumed it was something compressor related or part of the evap system myself but figured I'd ask the community. Good to know!

Reactions: JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Relieved to hear it's not just me lol. I assumed it was something compressor related or part of the evap system myself but figured I'd ask the community. Good to know!
Yep. My wife’s vehicle also relieves itself in the garage after a minute or two. I’m starting to simply write all these noises off to technology. My dog is not so certain.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
It’s the EVAP test being done - page 7 of the owners manual. - noted very early in the manual.
IMG_1607.png

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
now that I'm camping frequently I noticed that periodically after the truck has been shut off, could be up to 45 minutes later the truck makes a sound which I could only describe it as sneezing.
You sure it's not just some weirdo in the woods stalking you??

Chileburger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 BMW 2002, 1971 BMW 2800cs, 2001, 2024 Taco!
I hear it within 20 minutes or so after parking. I thought it was the parking brake readjusting.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Can't say that I've encountered this issue. I don't really wait around 20-45 minutes after turning the engine off to listen though.
I have noticed that my allergy pills seem to keep disappearing though, weird coincidence.